The Weather Channel

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Tenethia
Site Admin

The Weather Channel

Post by Tenethia » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:54 am

Since weather seems to be a dominating topic in a certain other thread, here's a thread entirely devoted for weather! woohoo! :P

*hands out privacy rules* if you're under 18, you can give your region (Midwest, Southwest, etc.), but not your state. If you're over 18, you can give your state. :P

*holds her microphone and talks like a weather channel dude*
So, here where Gyps and I are, we're getting a rather nice variance of temperature -- today was colder than usual, but this winter has been unusually hot (80s this week! it's CRAZY!)
I've been going barefoot here :P
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: The Weather Channel

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:03 am

*talks like an on-site reporter*

Winter has been curious for my area of the north, having been rather cold last week, but today having climbed up to just-barely above the freezing point. We had a gorgeous Christmas snow beginning 2 pm yesterday that lasted well into last night.... :P
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:42 am

I'm with you when it comes to the weather, Tenny! It's been so warm here that cycling was a hot endeavor. It's sad 'cause it means that soon I won't be able to wear my scarves. :P
Shield Maiden
Knight

Post by Shield Maiden » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:17 pm

I live in Canada, so you can imagine the amount of snow we usually get. (Pro tip: we usually have at least a few feet on the ground at any given time during the winter, and our winter starts in October and doesn't end until May.)

Except not this winter, for some reason! We had a freak snowfall at the beginning of September (I think that kinda threw the weather off for the rest of the year), and then we (barely) had a White Christmas, and now we have a dusting of frost on the ground and that's it. We're supposed to hit 10 degrees Celsius today (!!!), which is almost unheard of - we normally average out at around -20 or so.

Which makes me kinda bummed out, because I loooooove snow and colder weather - I'd rather live in perpetual winter than perpetual summer.
Team Cap. Sig made by Ariel.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:29 pm

It freezes, it bites, precious, yes it does, nassty wind. Wind chill this morning was 19 below zero. Brrrrrr. Because it's so cold we can't really do anything with the snow since it won't pack. :(
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:34 pm

Snow's started to melt slightly... not that it was ever deep enough to even hide the ground. ;)
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:34 pm

The sun is bright enough that, even with how cold it is, there are patches of grass appearing again. :P
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:38 pm

Exactly the same thing going on here, Hobbit, only yours sounds like it was deeper from the start. ;)
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
gypsevedius
Knight
Location: To be honest...what if you tickled a unicorn's face?

Post by gypsevedius » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:18 pm

It's 85 degrees today! But it FELT really cold.
If you see a typo in this message, let me know. *facepalm*
^.^ *is such a suspicious looking unicavvey*
Thanks for the sig, Hobbit! (:
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Yesterday evening on my way to puppet team practice, we had a wind chill of -22 Fahrenheit. Right now the temp is still only -10. We have large drifts and huge piles of snow from the snowstorm we got a couple weeks ago. The last couple of days we've woken up to a slight dusting of snow, but it melts when the sun comes out. So yes, we have large piles and then in other places it's completely bare. However, it's been so cold and windy that you can't do anything with the snow. It's all iced over. A couple weekends ago we had perfect snow and built a lot of stuff, so now they're iced over and super slick.
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!

Return to “The Bird and Baby”