Once Upon a Time Discussion and Spoilers Thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Once Upon a Time Discussion and Spoilers Thread

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:39 am

I think you've hit on something with saying that Cruella does things just... 'cause she can and she likes it. I mean, Rumple's just as guilty, but once Cruella's story hit a certain point, I don't think anybody can really feel sorry for her. At least, I sure don't, whereas I do have a soft spot for Rumple.
Yeah, the characters, decent storytelling, and backgrounds are the reason I'm still watching. :D Though I'm gonna have to figure out how to watch it because my one source went kaput....
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
cor
Knight

Post by cor » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:53 pm

I FINALLY SAW SEASON FOUR! Okay I loooooove Anna. She's seriously perfect. Elsa was okay. I liked her relationship with Emma more than her character. Kristoff was fine. He was really funny and whatever. Hans looked pretty cool. Um. Sven was small....... Okay, Cruella and Maleficent kinda bugged me but I liked Ursula. I don't know why but she was pretty cool and I liked her story better than Cruella. I was however, offended by the whole Poseidon thing though. Okay, who else. Oh Ingrid got annoying after a while, and that whole thing was drawn out too long. WHY! Why did Zelena have to come back!!! I really, really, really, really, really, really, STRONGLY dislike her! Robin and Regina, I love. I keep loving Charming more and more as the episodes go by. Hook and Emma are amazing. They are sososososo cute. I love when they go on a date and Hook is trying to make everything perfect. I actually can say Henry didn't bug me at all this season! They finally stopped treating him like a kid. Yeah. I really love this series. Oh And Henry FINALLY got to go to the enchanted forest! YAAAAAAAY!
*is such a cocky shapechanger*
I am Kili to Gypse's Fili. And apparently to Alex's Legolas...
*is a Bore sitting on my Bor's head*
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:27 pm

So much deception in the last episode. So. Much.
knight and scribe
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:56 am

So what do you think about this season? Good, bad, meh? I kinda became bored after the first episode and haven't seen the last three and don't have intentions to complete the season live. I may decide to watch it when it comes to Netflix, though.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:47 am

I'm liking this storyline better than the Queens of Darkness (that one pretty well bored me so far as those three characters went), but I won't say that they're working toward restoring the magic of the first season. Actually, I'm liking the Camelot portion of this storyline more than Dark!Emma; when it comes to pre-memory-wipe Camelot events, Dark!Emma actually feels more like a plot point more than the other way around. And I'm liking how Emma is trying to resist the darkness (but we obviously know she doesn't for much longer). And honestly, the buildup to the point at which she /does/ go full-dark is interesting in that I'm kinda going, "ah, shoot, that might set her off... whew, okay, that didn't... oh. but that might!" She's full-dark in Storybrook, but the Dark One power is still coaching her within her mind. Which makes me wonder how long Rumple had to deal with that.
On and I have to say this. The Dark One power (in the form of Rumple) is working on getting Dark!Emma to remove Excalibur from the stone, but when she tries to use a tool that "breaks through anything", "Rumple" tells her that it won't work because nothing breaks through magic... "except a kiss - have you considered kissing it out?". Ah, Rumple. I'm not supposed to like you, but I missed you....
And, ah... they're doing interesting stuffs with King Arthur.

SPOILER ALERT (as this bit of info has been revealed a week ago, I'm sharing this much here)

Arthur is a bad guy. I don't know /how/ bad just yet, but he's got this massive obsession that's driving him... kinda think Gollum with the Ring: a villain, but you want him to return to what he once was (or at least, I do).
knight and scribe
cor
Knight

Post by cor » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:35 pm

Ugh, is season 5 out yet?
*is such a cocky shapechanger*
I am Kili to Gypse's Fili. And apparently to Alex's Legolas...
*is a Bore sitting on my Bor's head*
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:09 am

Season 5 is not out as we're still in the middle of season 4. It comes back this Sunday.

I'm really looking forward to this next part of the season. I was disappointed with the final episodes before the break, but I'm looking forward to getting back some dead peeps, even if it's just for a guest appearance. Fingers crossed for the Huntsmen.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Hey I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the show gets a little cleaner after the first episode of Once Upon a Time. I was kind of interested in the show but there was a little bit more language in the first episode than I generally care to watch.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:18 pm

Language, to my recollection (I may be wrong), is generally limited to h-ll and omg. More, ah, adult themes... it's indicated quite clearly, though not explicitly that one character forces another to... you get the picture. It's probably the worst of it so far and that ends partway through season one. Emma wasn't married when she had Henry. One character is mentioned to have done a one-time stint with someone. One character runs away from her husband to be with another man. So that stuff is known to be happening. The most we see of it is kissing, as far as I can remember. Except maybe once, very much covered up and very quickly interrupted... I don't remember that scene all that much. Aaaaaaand then there is promise of a gay couple in the next half of the current season.
Frankly, season one is the best. It's all a slow downhill from there.
knight and scribe

Return to “The Bird and Baby”