Once Upon a Time Discussion and Spoilers Thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Once Upon a Time Discussion and Spoilers Thread

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:17 am

Though those of us Oncers have managed to not talk too much about OUAT, I figured that it wouldn't hurt to start a thread. Just in case.

Just in case I say something like, I dunno, that Merida from Brave is going to be in season five and that Emma looks freaky (mainly because she just doesn't much look like herself with the new makeup job). :D

But holding back on further season five talk, who is/are your favourite character/s?
I love/hate Rumple (but definitely love the complexity to his character, oh my word) and he's at the top of my list. Regina's not far behind (definitely love all her character development). August was so vague and mysterious and snarky, I couldn't help liking him. Graham was cool while he lasted. And I guess Emma and Henry fall somewhere on that list.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
elanorelle
Contributor

Re: Once Upon a Time Discussion and Spoilers Thread

Post by elanorelle » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:28 am

Oh, yay!

Right now I don't know about my favourites, I'm still going along for the ride. Maybe after I get to know them more I'll have a better idea. Still, I can't say I'm disappointed with the development and stories of the characters - in fact, it's quite the opposite because I am loving what I'm getting so far.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:09 pm

You seen all of season one and still don't have a favourite? :o
:P Just kidding. You'll get to know them better as time goes on. :) And yeah, huge kudos to Horowitz and Kitsis for their excellent character development skillz (which they also displayed in Tron: Uprising).
knight and scribe
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:53 am

We're nearly over with the third series - yep, we're moving that fast.
Sooooooooo much has happened. Where can I start?
Hmm
The second series was good but not as great as the first. For the third series I quite enjoyed the Peter Pan plot, but I'm not liking the second curse to Storybrooke so much, at least so far.
As for characters, I like Rumple, Regina, Emma, and Hook. I absolutely love all the back story stuff, it just adds so much more depth!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:47 am

O_O You guys are motoring through at a scary-fast pace!
Season one's definitely the best of the lot.
Heh-heh, Peter Pan... just curious, did anyone else just get this feeling of "Peter Pan is Rumple's /dad/... that's downright /freaky/!"?
That show does backstory so masterfully. I need to become Kitsis and Horowitz' padawan so I can try to gain some of that skill. Even though the "Queens of Darkness" part of season four was mostly bland, the backstories were still good stuff (Cruella de Vil... *shudders*).
knight and scribe
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:56 am

I know! I've missed a few episodes here and there to get stuff done. :P
Yeah, I had that feeling at first but it just /works/. I mean, him being younger than Rumple, yeah very weird to watch: if I didn't know all the backstory and walked in on both talking to one another as they did, it would be very creepy, haha. Anyway, I love how everyone's stories are threaded together, so I actually liked, not sure if that's the right word, that Peter Pan was his father.
So very well done. There isn't one character, so far, whom I don't care for at least a little because of how well their stories are told.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:32 pm

I know what you mean about Pan and Rumple. I do like it, but about thirty seconds before his dad turned into Pan, I realized what was happening and I started saying (out loud), "That's so wrong! I don't know how to handle -- that's so /messed up/!" :D But yeah, I like it, especially in comparing their general lack of fatherhood side-by-side like that.
knight and scribe
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:50 am

*grins* I didn't voice my opinions but I shook my head in disbelief. Well played by the writers, I must say.
Finished with the third series now. It's really hard to gather my thoughts when we go so fast. :P So from the ending and from other things I gather Frozen will come into play - how's that storyline? I don't want spoilers but I'd like to know what to expect.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:19 am

No spoilers. Got it. Frozen... well, it was alright. Not bad, but not fantastic. There's loads of Elsa (and, since this is OUAT, loads of character development) and Emma (and more character development for her) and them having a bond. I especially like the actress who did Anna. Oh, and Anna's not as young and ditzy as she is in Frozen; she's more mature. Kristoff has a haircut. No Olaf, but there is Sven (for all of, like, two scenes). Backstory is pretty cool (and kinda deja-vu in parts) -- ooh yeah! *refrains from mentioning something in case Elanor considers it a spoiler*
And the Frozen story arc is better than Queens of Darkness, my opinion. More satisfying.
knight and scribe
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:01 am

Season 4 is on Netflix now! So far I'm not liking the Frozen story line. :P It feels like it's trying to parallel everything to Frozen or add in elements for the sake of "look kids, it's the characters from Frozen in real life, isn't it cool?!". Frankly, I find Anna just as ditzy... maybe even more so. I did like the Beauty and the Beast nod, however, it was sweet and short.

Return to “The Bird and Baby”