What have you been watching?

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

Re: What have you been watching?

Post by albero1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm almost done with season 2 of Young Justice. After that is seasons 2 and 3 of Race to the Edge.
Lady Albero, Royal Vocalist and Scrivener of Fanfictions, Knight of TLC
Lyrics from House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:31 pm

*high-fives Berry* Season 2, episode 19 is my favourite. Just putting that out there. :D

And I only just recently found out that there was more Race to the Edge....

I did watch a WWII POW film over the weekend though.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:25 am

Watched The Secret Life of Pets. Cute but nothing particularly special. There is a familiar voice for anyone who's watched Finding Nemo/Dory. :P
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:19 pm

At first I wanted to see "The Secret Life of Pets" but then I saw the full trailer and I was like "eh." Is it worth watching?

Just recently watched "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" with Jimmy Stewart. It was really good. Me and my sisters kind of got on a Jimmy Stewart kick. :)
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:16 pm

It is definitely a wait-for-the-dvd movie.

I love that film, Jimmy Stewart is just great and I have an appreciation for older films. Which reminds me, I just watched All Quiet on the Western Front again. Magnificent film, though the acting is quite to the time (it did release three years after the first talkie, so I don't blame it).
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:19 pm

I love "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington"! :mrgreen:

I just saw the 1978 "Superman" yesterday. I was surprised at how very much Christopher Reeve really looks like Henry Cavill. :shock: I mean, I've seen pictures of the two side-by-side, but really, they make so many of the same facial expressions! :lol:
Incredibly, though, "Man of Steel" was overall more family-friendly than "Superman", especially in the costume department. :? I didn't see that coming.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:38 am

@Shi: One reviewer said "Secret Life of Pets" was like Toy Story, but then lost the magic after the first bit. I don't always agree with him, but I'm taking his word for it on this one.

I watched "Pendragon: Sword of His Father" again. And remembered why I declared "Beyond the Mask" to be way-way-way better, particularly in the acting department. :P But whatever, I felt like watching it again.
Also started watching another BBC mystery series, but it's got talked-about and alluded-to adult content. (Dear TV show makers, can you just give me a mystery series akin to the Sherlock Holmes classics? Is that too much to ask?)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
daughterofaslan
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by daughterofaslan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:08 pm

Our family just watched The Computer That Wore Tennise Shoes together. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It was quite funny, (no, it's not a cartoon or an animated movie), I don't know if anyone here has seen it, but I would reccomend it to anybody. :lol:
Set made by Hobbit. Thank you!
Daughter of Aslan (Also known as Dazzle)
Sister of Chess and Pev
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:25 pm

Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:@Shi: One reviewer said "Secret Life of Pets" was like Toy Story, but then lost the magic after the first bit. I don't always agree with him, but I'm taking his word for it on this one.

I watched "Pendragon: Sword of His Father" again. And remembered why I declared "Beyond the Mask" to be way-way-way better, particularly in the acting department. :P But whatever, I felt like watching it again.
Also started watching another BBC mystery series, but it's got talked-about and alluded-to adult content. (Dear TV show makers, can you just give me a mystery series akin to the Sherlock Holmes classics? Is that too much to ask?)
I love Pendragon. <3 Lower quality and all. :P
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:59 pm

I recently watched The Land Before Time. :)

Return to “The Bird and Baby”