What have you been watching?

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Re: What have you been watching?

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon May 14, 2018 2:15 pm

IIIIIII am trying to remember if I've seen that one...part of me wants to say I have, but that part might be wrong.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Mon May 14, 2018 3:41 pm

it's from this year hobbit of narnia.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon May 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Ah, okay, thanks. Then I'm thinking of a different one.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Mon May 28, 2018 2:40 pm

I recently watched Lady and the Tramp on a really old VHS tape we have. Still love it! (But I need to get a new one because this skiped horribly. :P ) And also Thor:Ragnarok which I 90% ish liked. (PM me if you're interested in my review.)

I also finally got around to watching "A United Kingdom" which I really liked. It is about the leader of an african nation who marries a British Woman during the time a nearby neighboring Country South Africa is starting Apartheid and the political fallout surrounding their marriage. It also deals with Predudice. I can't remember much objectional content except maybe some language. (Mostly objectional people and attatudes :P) Please check some reviewing source or have your parents do so.)
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue May 29, 2018 3:25 am

Watched “The Darkest Hour” last night (and am about to do so again before I have to return it to the library). There’s some swearing and some adult context to an accidental hand gesture, but apart from those, it’s pretty good. It’s also interesting that the film doesn’t paint Winston Churchill in a fabulous light at all angles: he’s very, very flawed, and yet, it is this man we commemorate so much when we think back on WWII. Makes one think about how God uses the least likely of mankind to fulfill His purposes.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Tue May 29, 2018 4:25 am

I
Love
Newsies.

Just thought I'd share with yall that awesome thing

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Tue May 29, 2018 3:48 pm

Got to do quite a bit of movie watching on my flights to, within and from the US. During the first flight, I broke my headphone jack inside the port and couldn't get any sound so I rewatched the 2012 oscar-winning black and white silent film, The Artist (PG-13). On the next flight, I watched The Greatest Showman for the first time, which was quite different from what I expected. I especially liked the acting, costumes and singing, through I can't decide what I think of the story itself (I was also watching it sleep-deprived).

After that, mostly because I can't sleep on planes, I decided to watch some of the Star Wars films because I know the stories well enought that I can close my eyes while listening or even doze off for a bit and I would still know what was going on. Also it's been quite a long time since I've watched any of the older ones. On 4 of my flights, I managed to get through all the prequels, Rogue One and most of the original trilogy in chronological order. I was two-thirds of the way through Return of the Jedi when I landed in Heathrow and unfortunately my last flight only had The last Jedi available so I had to skip the end of RotJ and The Force Awakens but 7 and a half out of 9 seems like a good achievement. I especially enjoyed watching the originals after Rogue One which I hadn't done before.

p.s. I haven't seen Solo yet; waiting for our cinemas to release it in 2D, which is why I couldn't post about my Star Wars watching in the Star Wars thread.
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Wed May 30, 2018 10:58 pm

Ajnos, that's a lot of Star Wars movies to watch all at once; I'm glad you found something to help pass the time on the plane!

We re-watched the Walden/Fox Dawn Treader the other day. I still love watching it, even though it's different from the book. We go from the overly grown-up and cynical PC to this movie that highlights temptation and faith but doesn't really explain either concept as it should be explained. Some changes, like Lucy comparing herself to Susan instead of the ambiguous "beauty beyond the lot of mortals", Edmund trying to enlist in the military, and Eustace thinking that his rowboat can magically propel itself, I really love.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu May 31, 2018 2:48 am

@Pev: Which rendition of Newsies? I love both, but have more inclination to the Broadway.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Saw Doctor Strange yesterday. It was a little unusual with lots and lots of special effects.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)

Return to “The Bird and Baby”