What have you been watching?

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Re: What have you been watching?

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:27 am

It's come highly recommended to me, but I haven't seen it yet.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:02 pm

hobbit it is very good for a free serie. One of its kind.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:23 am

Sorry to double post, but I watched "Black Widow" a great film. Pm me if you want more details.
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:09 pm

kristi wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:25 pm
Oh I was wondering if The Dig was any good. Thanks.

Watched A Princess for Christmas a couple nights ago after a failed attempt to watch Wonderstruck (Started bleak and looked like it meant to keep digging). Not bad for a Hallmark movie. Very cute and clean. (Though seriously, evil girlfriend, we're body-shaming six-year-olds now?)...
That's one of my favorites (besides binging the channel around Christmas time and Christmas in July, haha.😆) I love Katie McGrath's (Morgana from Merlin) performance in it and I have a bit of a personal connection to NY. Yeah, that evil girlfriend was something else, using any amo she could.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:52 am

Finally started watching The Chosen! Figured out a way to stream it.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:21 am

If that was all that was stopping you Hobbit I could have helped you find the official angel site where it is free. Personally I think its great and I still have to meet someone who doesn't like it. (Maybe one or two people might find the first episode slow). My younger brother didn't want to watch the latest episode with my family (My opinion is that he had already seen it on his own)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:28 pm

I watched both seasons of The Mandalorian last week and quite enjoyed it. It’s hardly peak filmmaking, but there was plenty to like and I plan on seeing season three “on time” (unless I learn some dealbreaker news or something) and on rewatching it at some point.
The show had the unintended side effect of renewing my procrastinated interest in exploring Old West films (because The Mandalorian is basically Old West fantasy). A couple have been on my to-be-watched list for a while, and I’ve since accumulated a few more recommendations. Kicked it off last night with the 1960 Magnificent Seven.

Edit:
On a completely unrelated note, I gave the first episode of Marvel's "What If" series a shot. Reactions will vary across the board, but if anyone cares to know... I laughed. Till I cried. It was that bad. I think the episode was mistitled. Instead of "What if Peggy Carter Were the First Avenger?" it should have been "What if British Brunette Carol Danvers Became the First Avenger for No Good Reason?"
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:52 pm

I've just started The Mysterious Benedict Society and really enjoying it, plus I've felt good showing it to my kids. I listened to the audiobook some years ago and the reader was sort of distracting, but the story was sound, as much of it as I remember. So far it's been a pretty clean watch, which thrills me because they're so hard to find anymore. Oh, did I mentioned in this show people are rewarded for helpfulness, empathy, and honesty? I hope the show finishes as well as it's started. Anyone else seen it yet?
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:34 pm

I watched Heartland (don't mix up with Homeland). Heartland is a story of a family who owns a ranch. And one of the two sisters "whispers" to horses who are violent or more often scared. Some scenes are not for little kids or sensitive people.
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:26 am

Sorry to double post but I saw Dune (2021) at the cinemas. Great film by the way. (But not for younger audience)

Return to “The Bird and Baby”