What have you been watching?

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: What have you been watching?

Post by anunknownpevensie » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:29 pm

Hehe. I like the International Relations one. I recently watched all three Jurassic Parks, and they are some of my favorites. I really liked War Room, and Got to see it in the theater. I hold Beyond the Mask my #1 christian movie, but I put right below it Woodlawn. I loved Woodlawn, and saw it in the theater a couple weeks ago. I own, and watch every once in a while, all three Hobbit movies, and all three The Lord of the Rings movies, extended edition. I have watched them all at least three times, but some of them more. To many people's surprise, I have not seen any star wars, and do not care to. Nor have I seen any Marvel movies, nor will for a while I think.The latest, and best in a while, thing I have watched, was Halo. made off of the game. One was pretty good, but I do not suggest either, as they are not very morally sound. The latest of the two did have a very good plot, but it is rated m for a reason. If there are any good christian movies you can suggest, I might like to see them, except by the Kendricks Brothers, I have seen all of those (that limits it quite a bit, huh?). :)

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:04 am

I need to see Woodlawn eventually. I keep hearing good things about it!
While I wouldn't rate these as high as the Kendricks' works, I'd recommend films by Rich Christiano. (I don't rate them as high because the stories and such aren't as strong and some of the acting (especially kids when they're used) could be better, but the stories and messages are good enough to keep me going.) I've only seen three myself, but they're good. I think his most well-known is Time Changer (or is it his 20-minute The Appointment? can't remember). The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry is also good. And his most recent, A Matter of Faith, just came out on DVD.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:36 am

Woodlawn is amazing!

Ooh, I love Secrets of Jonathan Sperry! And Beyond the Mask!

Have you seen One Night With the King, Pev?
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:09 am

I have mixed feelings about Beyond the Mask, but it's a good deal better than a couple others I've watched.
Wasn't a fan of One Night with the King, personally, though I can't hate it for its more fanfiction-like qualities because I still watch The Ten Commandments, which I definitely consider one of the reigning champs of elaborate Bible fanfictions....
knight and scribe
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:19 am

Well, One Night with the King is the mold for every movie about Esther made since. ;)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:09 am

I've seen one screenplay that differed in areas. Most notably, I think, in the way the whole search for a new queen goes down. (One Night had Esther all, "I might be queen, how cool is that? That's every little girl's dream come true!" This other one I saw had soldiers dragging girls from their homes.)
knight and scribe
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:04 am

I thought they were dragged from their homes in One Night, too.
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Beyond the Mask - heard of it but was not interested in seeing it. However, I watched a review by someone who has similar thoughts as I about Christian media and he said it wasn't bad but the story line and other minor problems could use some work to make it more cohesive. I may decide to give it a shot after all.
(Oh, if, somehow, John Rhys-Davies and Sean Astin were in the same Christian film I might actually make an effort to see it. ;) )
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:01 pm

You really should see it, Ela!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:58 am

@Jaygee: Oh, were they? I don't recall that. But then, I've only watched it once.
@Ela: That reviewer's description is accurate, in my opinion. I'll still watch it, but I do wish it was stronger.
knight and scribe

Return to “The Bird and Baby”