What have you been watching?

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: What have you been watching?

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:18 am

@hobbit: I can never watch Legolas jumping on those falling stones without hearing the Mario-jump sound effect in my mind. :lol:
@pev: Will your library count them as six? 'cause most folks don't....
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:57 am

@Ariel: I don't think they would, but it doesn't matter. XD I count it as six. In three volumes. I don't need to write down anything about the book, just that I read it.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
simon89
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by simon89 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:47 am

I watched King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword recently. It's ok movie. I thought it would be a fun time with some good action. Most movies about King Arthur I've seen are incredibly second-rate. This one, not being a cinematic masterpiece, was pretty fun to watch.
I have no time to spare. There are many places where you can learn the game or improve your skills. Btw, this is the place you are looking for. I did not know before about the existence of such a without zero.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:05 am

Hello, Simon, and welcome to TLC!

I saw the trailer for that film and thought, "This could really go either way." And then I read the PluggedIn review and decided, "Ah, I've got more interesting things to watch." :D
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:27 pm

Iiiiffffff you don't mind LOOOOTS of language and some inappropriate scenes, watch the Transformers movies. The only mostly-clean one is the fourth. But if you wish to keep your ears clean, then DO NOT watch even five minutes of them. Ugh.
But the plot and stories are otherwise really well done. Why do they have to ruin every good movie?!

OOOHHH SO I RECENTLY SAW EPIC AND BRAVE. EPIC WAS............... well, epic. And brave was pretty good, but not as I expected.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:43 am

Last night we watched "When the Game Stands Tall", and the entire family actually liked it!! It was awesome; that doesn't happen very often.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:12 am

@Pev: Epic is epic. In a "not-like-LotR-epic" way. :P But it is one that I quite enjoy, that one. One of the few airplane movies I watched and decided, "Yup, I'm buying this one."
knight and scribe
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:27 pm

anunknownpevensie wrote:Iiiiffffff you don't mind LOOOOTS of language and some inappropriate scenes, watch the Transformers movies. The only mostly-clean one is the fourth. But if you wish to keep your ears clean, then DO NOT watch even five minutes of them. Ugh.
But the plot and stories are otherwise really well done. Why do they have to ruin every good movie?!

OOOHHH SO I RECENTLY SAW EPIC AND BRAVE. EPIC WAS............... well, epic. And brave was pretty good, but not as I expected.
Are we talking about Epic the one with the leafmen? Cause I love that movie
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:26 am

@Lil: I was assuming we were talking about that Epic. :)

So I saw part of the earlier portions of Wonder Woman. The volume was way low, so I didn't hear any dialogue, but I wasn't impressed by anything I saw except for the beach fight scene (even if I did have a few moments of, "Riiiiiiiiight, sure.").
And I saw most of Moana (up until she belts out, "I am Moana!", and she dives to retrieve the Heart of Tafiti). I wasn't close enough to the TV to hear most of it, though I did catch bits and pieces. Also not really impressed, but I can't really make a full judgement either 'cause, again, didn't catch much dialogue.
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:44 pm

Yeah Epic with the Leafmen. IT WAS SOOOO AWESOME

Return to “The Bird and Baby”