What have you been watching?

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: What have you been watching?

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:32 am

Wait, are you referencing both Tron films? There's the 1982 one and the 2010 one. I'm not much for either film (the first was just too old and the story didn't appeal to me; the second I watch solely for the visual feast that it is), but I am a big fan of the cartoon show that came out in 2012 (and I'm most displeased that Disney cancelled the show after one season 'cause I'm invested in the show's character and story).
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:43 am

Oh wait what

Oh I looked it up again :lol: I got it wrong.
So I saw the 2010 one
Ima have to check out the older one cause the newer one was AWESOME.

Is the show that good?

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:22 am

Haha. Warning: the old Tron has lots more technical speak, so if you like computer science, you'll appreciate the terms that come up.
Personally, yes, I think the show is quite good. It's not my favourite show of all time, but it's in my top five (perhaps to be taken with a grain of salt because I haven't seen a great many shows in general). It gave me characters I could stand behind and a story that kept me interested. Could it be better and go deeper? Sure. But I don't watch it with a feeling of "this show is seriously lacking something". But that's my opinion. :D
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:13 pm

YAY now I REALLY want to see it! :D
WEll you appear to be a better judge of shows than I am. XD I watched some of Avatar the last Airbender, Trollhunters, Race to the Edge, and a few episodes of Flash. That is most of all my television show history.
oh, and the original doctor whos. Gosh those were baaad. :D

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:54 am

I know, I'm glad people liked those old Doctor Who shows enough to keep the series going so it could be the better quality.

Luthien and I finally got to see some Christian movies that have been out for some time.

Hangman's Curse is a movie about the book by the same title by Frank Peretti. The movie is a horror movie (there are some parts I couldn't watch, but keep in mind that I couldn't even watch all the parts in the Hobbit and LotR movies). It is about bullying in a school and how this leads people away from the truth. The movie was more dramatized than the book, putting the main characters Elijah and Elisha Springfield in more danger, and also making them not get along as well as they do in the book series. In addition to the movie being a horror movie, it also has a scene where goths try to curse people and that was weird. So, it is basically good if you want a Christian horror movie.

October Baby this movie was surprisingly well done. It does have a mature theme so it is more for adults and older teenagers. It is about an adopted daughter trying to make peace with the fact her mother didn't want her. It didn't feel "preachy" to me at all and I'm glad I watched it.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:10 pm

Saame.

Oh cool. :)

Oh thanks for the info I have heard the name of it but I haven't seen it. Now I don't think I am gonna. :)

My mum was going to see October Baby. She didn't yet, but I think she still wants to.

ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 pm

I love the 2010 Tron! (I've seen both). Garrett Hedlund is one of my favorite actors.
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:55 pm

To please my dad (who read the comic books as a kid) I watched the movie Wonder Woman. A little crazy but I didn't dislike it.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:07 am

Watched Inception again this past week and just finished watching Gifted. (Warnings apply to each film; I recommend checking out PluggedIn's reviews (PluggedIn.com is not associated with TLC; check out at your own risk.)
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:37 pm

I want to watch Rise of the Guardians. Is it any good?

Return to “The Bird and Baby”