Star Wars Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!)

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

jesusgirl4ever

Star Wars Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!)

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Here, we can chat about a galaxy far, far away...and I can grill those of you who've seen Force Awakens for spoilers!

First off...I'm still in denial about, well, y'know, a certain someone's death. GEORGE LUCAS, HOW COULD YOU?????
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
cor
Knight

Re: Star Wars Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!)

Post by cor » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Haha Poor Jaygee!

So I just watched it for a second time and during Han's death scene (The title says spoilers!) Ren says, "I know what I have to do. I just don't know if Im strong enough. Will you help me?" He's Asking Han to help him kill his dad. He also said he didn't know if he was strong enough to do it. Which means he still loves him (Or did, I don't know)

I had some other theories but I don't remember them at the time.
*is such a cocky shapechanger*
I am Kili to Gypse's Fili. And apparently to Alex's Legolas...
*is a Bore sitting on my Bor's head*
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:51 pm

All I know is, Kylo Ren was/is messed up.

So, who's everyone's favorite character? Mine's Padmé, with Leia a close second.
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Harrison Ford years ago said he wanted his character (Han Solo) in Star Wars to die. JJ just gave him his wish. My favorite character is Luke. In the Force Awakens though it's Rey. Personally this movie is my second least liked one of the serie (The worst in my opinion was episode III though some have diffrent opinions of course).
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:24 pm

Yeah. I blame Harrison Ford for Han's death.

Like is probably my favorite male character. I'm sure I'll like Rey whenever I get to see TFA.

*edit: Luke, not Like. :roll: ( ;) )
Last edited by jesusgirl4ever on Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:28 pm

jesusgirl4ever wrote:
First off...I'm still in denial about, well, y'know, a certain someone's death. GEORGE LUCAS, HOW COULD YOU?????
He didn't. George Lucas kept his grubby little hands off of TFA. That was JJ. Abrams (And possibly Harrison Ford's) move. And it was one that made sense story-wise.

I really like the direction that this new trilogy is going. The original was rebels fighting the dark side from the outside, the prequils were the dark side working from the inside to corrupt the light side and I'm hoping that this trilogy is about the light side infiltrating the dark side. The most obvious example of that in this movie was Finn discovering that he knew deep down that murder was wrong no matter how hard he'd been trained. There were even signs of Kylo Ren having doubts about what he was doing, and while what he did on the bridge was abominable I think that it's something that he's never going to get over. I'm hoping that this trilogy has a lot of twist and turns of characters switching sides, and not just from good to bad and I think that Finn is a great start.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:29 am

jesusgirl4ever I think you should watch it soon or we are going to ruin it for you.
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:23 pm

I don't really care. I'm probably not seeing it till it comes out on DVD, anyway. :(

(And you can call me Jaygee. ;) )
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:00 pm

Alright Jaygee, I was going to post why Rey is my favorite character in the Force Awakens and why she isn't my favorite overall. Here it goes.
Warning Major Spoilers
1 Rey is honest. She could have sold BB8 but the droid didn't belong to her and so she refused. (She may also have been influenced by old memories but it doesn't take away from her honesty)
2 Rey is independent. She scavenges for a living and doesn't hesitate to exchange words or a blow from the stick she caries around.
3 Rey has a great amount of knowledge. Naturally since she is a scavenger you would expect her to know mechanics. But she also has language skills (Wookie and BB8's language to name just two).
But the main reason why Rey isn't my favorite character overall is... her independence. Yes I know that is also a reason why I like her but it is possible to be too independent. Like when she tells Finn to let go of her hand and then later gives him hers so that she can lead him to "safety". Also the fact that she never kisses Finn. Not because she doesn't want to but because it doesn't seem to be compatible with her independent nature (at least that is what I feel from the character).
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:27 am

Just popping in to share a video I found that even I find highly amusing: Star Wars in 99 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22mdHYEzKC0 (YouTube is not affiliated with TLC; click at your own risk. In addition to that warning, be careful in checking out other stuff by this guy as at least a few of his videos include inappropriate lyrics.)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"

Return to “The Bird and Baby”