Star Wars Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!)

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

elanorelle
Contributor

Re: Star Wars Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!)

Post by elanorelle » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:41 pm

knightofnarnia wrote:Elanorelle Star Wars is great go and watch the orginal trilogie.
Eh, not my thing. I only went because we made it into a family outing. :)

I am sure Rey won't end up with Finn, which might be a reason for the inclusion of Rose. Looks like it will be her and Kylo/Ben from everything we've seen of the dynamic in the film. Idk Star Wars well at all, but it does seem like these two characters were meant to complete each other in a light/dark sorta thing.
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:10 am

Yeah, I shipped FinnRey before this movie, but now I ship DameRey (Poe x Rey) and FinnRose. I could maybe ship Reylo (Rey x Ben/Kylo), but I've spent two years thinking they're first cousins, sooooooo.....
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:05 am

The problem is Finn's reaction to Rose kissing him more like... What?!!! As for Rey and Kylo I think we can safely assume he is either going to die at the hand of Rey or vice versa (and I'm pretty sure it won't be the latter) as for Rey and Poe they exchanged less then a dozen words in this movie and none in the former movie and starting a romance on that is shaky. Remember Finn's first question? "Where is Rey?" Not where is Kylo Ren? Nor why am I on a ship? Not even what is the day today? All these are valid questions. The only problem is Rey has shown little intrest in Finn except when she is looking at him and Rose and I thought, "Okay are you jealous?" If Star Wars can manage to make a romance work in only one film (or if there is at least three Star Wars years between episode VIII and IX) then I am all for Poe+Rey and a little less for Finn+Rose. I hate to destroy a character which some love but Rose was nearly useless in this film until she crashed into Finn with her "ship" to save his life. Seriously they should make her die of her wounds and have Rey comfort Finn. I think Finn considered Rose as someone who could help him get the job done and that was that. Which is why when she kisses him he is in shock. Ok that is all.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:39 pm

narniac101 wrote:YESSSS. My sentiments exactly. :P .... :cry: :? ... basically aaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggh my emotions aren't sure what to do with it all, but I still really liked it.

On another note, what do you think of porgs? ;) Because my sister is obsessed with them now.
Moving this discussion from another thread....I like the porgs...think they're cute. You?
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:38 am

Can't believe we are turning to porgs discussion. Alright then porgs are... not essential to the movie. I loved the film (I heard last night that my brother was a little disappointed and I think he has a right to be).
Spoilers
Star Wars VIII gave Luke Skywalker a great death and a great story arc. I liked the boy telling the story of Luke and looking up at the stars and seeing a falling star then flipping his ring and seeing the Resistance symbol. Except for that last piece the entire Finn/Rose story arc... totally unnecessary. Could have cut Rose right out of the film except for that one redeeming scene and I wouldn't have cared. Personally if they made her die at the beginning of episode IX I for one would hardly shed a tear.
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:29 pm

Sorry. ;) I do agree about their nonessential-ness to the movie, :P I just liked them.

*also spoilers*
..............anyway. I was sad that Luke died but I was content that his death wasn't excessively tragic. I also hope that the little kids at the end of the movie will come back into the picture eventually. I'm not sure if that's what they intended, but I think it could be interesting.
Thank you, Hobbit!
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:58 am

About the boy they might make him reappear in a book or Rian might use him in his new trilogy (depending on when that is supposed to happen.) That is all.
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:51 pm

I know I was the last to comment but they just released a new Star Wars a Solo Story teaser trailer. Too excited.
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:52 pm

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so hyped now!
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:30 pm

I'm excited for Solo as well!
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)

Return to “The Bird and Baby”