Star Wars Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!)

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

jesusgirl4ever

Re: Star Wars Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!)

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:39 pm

You should totally see the other ones, Shi. :P

But, yeah, K2 is just the best. :D

"Not me. I can survive in space."
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:40 pm

@Shi: You seriously started with Rogue One? Wow. XD

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:32 am

This year episode VIII comes out and we haven't even gotten a descent teaser trailer. :shock: We don't know the title either. I want it to be called "The Darkside Strikes Back." But of course we have no idea. Maybe we will find out when they realease the first teaser trailer. We'll see.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:26 am

I've heard people guessing that we'll get a trailer around Star Wars Celebration this year or with the DVD/Blu-Ray release of Rogue One. I have no idea, though.

Interesting title, but personally, I think it's too similar to Episode V.
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:09 pm

*puts on mod hat* Since this is a spoilers thread (as indicated in the title), you don't have to start every post about Rogue One with a massive spoilers warning. I ;) *removes mod hat*

*puts on Star Wars fan hat* I wrote most of this out the other day, but I was interrupted and my draft got lost, so here goes again.

I went to watch Rogue One on my birthday (21 Dec). I was worried the cinema might be booked out because it was the first week of our summer holiday and half the country comes to our city over the summer ('cause we have beaches). Also tickets are half price on Wednesdays, and it was the first Wednesday since it came out. But it turned out there was plenty of space, probably because it was showing in three separate theatres (2D, 3D and 4D; we watched in 2D).

I really enjoyed the film. I know some people have said the characters were a bit flat, with too little development, probably because there were so many. It didn't annoy me too much for some reason, and I liked the plot. It was a bit predictable, but more original than The Force Awakens. I was really creeped out by the CGI Grand Moff Tarkin. It was mostly his face and eyes that didn't look right. Leia's CGI eyes were wierd too. I'm not sure if it would have affected me as much if I hadn't known about it beforehand.
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:57 am

@jaygee: I want to!

@pev: lol, yep.
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Changing the subject, which order do you prefer for the films?
Release: 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 7, Rogue One, I guess...?
Chronological: 1, 2, 3, RO, 4, 5, 6, 7
Machete: 4, 5, 2, 3, 6, 7 (and I'm not sure exactly where RO should go in this one...maybe after 3?)
I've also come up with my own order, which I call Parallel order: 4, 1, 5, 2, 3, 6, 7...again, not sure about RO.

Pros of Release order: That's the order they came out in (hence the "release"), it preserves the reveal that Vader is Luke's father, and it generally seems like one of the more logical arrangements.
Cons: The Special Edition puts Hayden Christian at the end of 6, which is confusing if you haven't seen any of the prequels yet. Also, it (pre-Disney) ends with 3, aka one of the saddest endings of the franchise. Post-Disney, it still ends with one of the saddest endings: Rogue One.

Pros of Chronological order: It's also one of the logical arrangements, Rogue One's placement is very obvious, and Hayden in 6 makes sense.
Cons: You lose the reveal that Vader is Luke's father. If someone doesn't know this, it's cruel to ruin it. Also, most people hate the prequels, so starting with them may not be the best idea. Just sayin'. The small references to the OT in the prequels, like Owen and Beru showing up in 2, aren't as cool, either.

Pros of Machete order: Vader as father reveal is preserved, you don't end with anything sad, and the prequels turn into an epic flashback. It also highlights Luke's struggle with the Dark Side in 6, which, if watched in any other order, isn't as obvious.
Cons: It drops 1, which, as some hate it, might be a good thing to some people. However, I love all the movies, even 1, so this is a con to me. Also, jumping around through time like that can be a little confusing.

Pros of Parallel order: Same as Machete, and it keeps 1, which, as I said already, I like. The similarities between Anakin and Luke's journeys are rather obvious, which I think is a good thing. :) Watching 1 before 5 doesn't ruin the reveal of Vader being Luke's father, either, and, in fact, the shock factor might be even greater when the only Anakin you've ever seen is a sweet 9-year-old kid.
Cons: Again, a lot of confusing jumping through time.

So, which order do ya'll prefer? Or do you have a different one you like?
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:21 am

I've only seen each of the movies once or twice (except for I and II. I've seen those probably four times each), so I've never tried any order other than chronological or release. :? I prefer chronological. I really like the idea of your Parallel order, though. :P
Thank you, Hobbit!
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:04 pm

Okay change of subject. Which Star Wars movies do you like best? I'll start. (From least liked to most liked Rogue One not included) 3,7,1,2,5,4,6 I'm not sure where I place Rogue One has it isn't really part of the serie.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:40 pm

My list, from least favorite to most favorite, is 1, 4, 5, 3, 2, 6, RO, 7.

Return to “The Bird and Baby”