Star Wars Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!)

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

knightofnarnia
Knight

Re: Star Wars Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!)

Post by knightofnarnia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 am

I know I was the last one posting here but I just watched Star Wars VII for the second time last night. So here are some more thoughts on Star Wars VII. First off I was surprised to hear Rey actually say that she was waiting for her family while talking to BB-8. Second I wonder if Chewbacca shot Kylo Ren in the leg on purpose? By that I mean he purposely didn't kill him. (After all Kylo Ren used to be Ben, Han's son.) An older person I know (who watched it for the first time with me last night) made the comment that evil and anger makes Kylo Ren destroy everything around him (this is while he was destroying the computers). Poe Damron has guts to tell Kylo Ren, "Do I speak first or do you?" :) I said it before and I'll say it once more I really think Rey and Finn should fall in loved. It would be the first time in Star Wars movies of an interracial (sorry if someone is offended with this word) romantic relationship. In romantic relationships we had Anakin and Padmé and Han and Leia and that is about it. Anyone planning to watch Rogue One (other then me :lol: )?
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:38 pm

I think it's really important for their to be a biracial relationship in Star Wars, and not just for the whole "Biracial kids need to see couples that look like their parents" thing.

No, no, it's for a very simple reason, and one that I find totally valid on the Flash as well.

In a universe where everyone seems to be related, having Rey and Finn be of a different race is a kind of shorthand for "We are totally not related and pulling a Luke and Leia on your guys". And given how interconnected everyone is this is pretty important. Of course there are exceptions to the "Different race, not directly related rule" (Looking at you certain character on Doctor Who) but in general it holds.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Sure Lucy Took in Star Wars a lot of characters end up being related. That is why I can't imagine Poe Damron and Rey falling in loved. (Besides the fact that Rey dosn't even know who Poe is they don't even exchange one word in the movie) I personally wonder if Rey is going to find out about her parents first (I'm pretty sure she will find out eventually) or if she is going to fall in loved first (hopefully with Finn).
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:12 am

Once again I want to post after being the last one to post and I want to say... Disney has pushed back SW VIII to december 2017 NO! Other than that Disney decided that there would be no time lap between VII and VIII (no again). Does anyone know about Ryan Johnson? I don't know much about him except that he is going to be the director of Episode VIII. It is possible they can make VIII better than TFA if the director is good at his job (that is why I would like to know a little more about him).
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:42 am

I was curious, does anybody besides Aygee and I watch Rebels, the TV show?
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Sure Jaygee I do. Haven't watched the last two though
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:56 am

Och, no.
I have yet to see Rogue One. Is it good?

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:07 am

Alright just watched Rogue One yesterday. It is good. But then again I'm a star wars fan.
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOLIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None of the Rogue One team survives but they accomplish their mission.
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:23 pm

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The end of that movie...wow...I just can't even...

Ooh, let's see how many cameos everyone noticed! Tarkin, Vader, and Leia, obviously, but I also got Dr. Evezan and Ponda Baba, General Dodonna, the mention of Hera over the intercom, the Ghost in the battle of Scarif, and the blue milk at the beginning. :D

*edit: In the obvious category again, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and, of course, Artoo and Threepio. Ooh, and the reference to the Whills!

*edit II: I edited your post, knightofnarnia, to give a bigger spoiler warning. Since that's the biggest spoiler of the movie, I thought it needed a bigger warning.
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:02 am

@knightofnarnia
@jesusgirl4ever

Lol. Okay. I do not care about spoilers. If I had not heard spoilers from my friends here, there is a lot of movies I would not have seen. XD
I mean, now I want to see it even more!

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.

Return to “The Bird and Baby”