This is the Chat Thread. Proceed to Chat.

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: This is the Chat Thread. Proceed to Chat.

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:58 am

Oh, that's cool, Tooky! Keep us posted on that!
I started reading Lost Kingdom of Bamarre some years ago, but the idea of seeing right through a spectre's mouth freaked me out so much at the time, I stopped reading. Probably more than fine with it now, haha.

Meanwhile, I've slowly been going through the Focus on the Family Narnias since I've been spending abnormal amounts of time in the kitchen lately and the Narnia CDs are great for getting through the process. ;)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Lucy Took wrote:I'm in the process of applying to school to become a librarian. It took awhile to figure it out, but I know that it's the general direction that my life needs to be taking.
I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS ish. :D That is the best thing ever, Tooky!

I read Eragon. It was really really well done. The regular bit of dragon magic and stuff, but clean as any fairytale style book. Maybe a swear or two here or there.

I am gonna start the book Here There be Dragons. Anyone read this? It's the first of a series, I can't remember the name of. Two people have almost yelled at me to read it and so I shall. :D But do any of you like it?

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:12 am

I read it a awhile ago. I remember the first two being rather fun, but the last two got weird with some strange afterlife stuff (Though given what I know about Charles Williams RL now it somehow seems less weird in hindsight. Actually, maybe I should give the series another browse now that I've read one of William's books, he's quite different from Tolkien and Lewis. Given your latest reading I wouldn't recommend him yet, he's really deeply philosophical.). I'd recommend giving it a try, but don't feel like you have to keep going in the series if it's not your thing.

Oh, Ariel, I think you're thinking of the Two Princesses of Bamarre, that one's been out for awhile, Lost Kingdom of Bamarre came out early this year, it's a prequel and doesn't require you to have read Two Princesses...which is good because I really,really liked Lost Kingdom, but Two Princesses is low on my list of Gail Carson Levine books. Though I might read it again now that I have the "historical background".
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:44 am

Okay
That is good to know, thanks. Considering it was my twin who recommended it.... im not worried :) She thinks identically to me so often.

Hassss anyone here actually SEEN much of the Wingfeather stuff yet? I want to know your opinions on the comparison of the books to the cartoon. I have only seen the trailer, but yet I find it interesting. I don't think they follow the books as well as I would have liked (from spoilers I have gotten) but Im not sure.
Weirder yet, the cartoon being made by the author of the books.... it's still cannonical if it doesn't follow the books? XD

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
daughterofaslan

Post by daughterofaslan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 pm

Hai peopleses. :) So I was wondering if anyone else has read The Door Within series? I know my borthers (Chess and Pev) have. :P Idk, just asking. Personally I LOVE them and think they're amazing. :)
Set made by Hobbit. Thank you!
Daughter of Aslan (Also known as Dazzle)
Sister of Chess and Pev
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:52 am

@Pev: sorry, can't help with the book you're about to read. And I have no opinion on Wingfeather 'cause I've never read them.
@Tooky: whoops, you're right! Noted, haha. I need to read more of her stuff at some point....
@dazzle: sorry, haven't read them.

Been reading a soldier's autobiography, but I won't name it 'cause the language alone takes it up to an R rating.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:33 pm

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

that was a scream
in pure delight
as I do devour a series.
The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica.

The only books series that has made me so happy and giddy for many many years.
They are necessary to read. Very very. :)

HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Daughter of Aslan, The Door Within is good. It's sort of a cross between Narnia and LotR. I'm glad you like it too!
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:11 pm

anunknownpevensie wrote:Okay
That is good to know, thanks. Considering it was my twin who recommended it.... im not worried :) She thinks identically to me so often.

Hassss anyone here actually SEEN much of the Wingfeather stuff yet? I want to know your opinions on the comparison of the books to the cartoon. I have only seen the trailer, but yet I find it interesting. I don't think they follow the books as well as I would have liked (from spoilers I have gotten) but Im not sure.
Weirder yet, the cartoon being made by the author of the books.... it's still cannonical if it doesn't follow the books? XD
I've seen it! It's pretty good! The only nitpick I really have is that Tink is called Kalmar while they're still living in...hold on, gotta Google...Glipwood.

daughterofaslan wrote:Hai peopleses. :) So I was wondering if anyone else has read The Door Within series? I know my borthers (Chess and Pev) have. :P Idk, just asking. Personally I LOVE them and think they're amazing. :)
I love them, too. ;)
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:55 am

Ohhhhhh he is?!?!?!
:(

Return to “The Bird and Baby”