This is the Chat Thread. Proceed to Chat.

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Re: This is the Chat Thread. Proceed to Chat.

Post by Lily of Archenland » Tue May 24, 2022 4:49 pm

I'm not really in contact with the other artists who've signed on yet. Mainly I'm planning on having a chat with a couple of my church folks who have more experience with the local art scene, at least for preliminary estimates.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue May 24, 2022 7:31 pm

Ah, okay. Well, I hope you get loads of helpful feedback! Pricing is nerve-wracking question for sure.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Post by Lily of Archenland » Sat May 28, 2022 4:10 am

...been trying to put some feelers out on pricing but still struggling to understand how it should work. <.<

On the upside art efforts continue to come along at a good pace. :) I have so many ideas.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sun May 29, 2022 3:53 am

Oh sorry I haven't been in here in a while. Ariel, I'm doing the Tolkien Reverse Summer Bang event this year for the first (and maybe the last, depending on if I ever get back into mainline social media after I take a hiatus this summer) time.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun May 29, 2022 1:36 pm

@hobbit: I took a peek at the tumblr page. I didn’t find posts for artists (all writers’ stuff at the top), but it seems like an interesting event!
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Post by Lily of Archenland » Sun May 29, 2022 4:48 pm

Was absolutely dog tired coming into church this morning. Feeling better now, got coffee and got to touch base with some good people although I was out of it for most of the service.

Mom's having dinner guests over tonight, strangers, and I'm expecting to be kinda socially overwhelmed. Looking forward to getting it over with so I can get back to art.

I have such plans in the works...
Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Post by Lily of Archenland » Mon May 30, 2022 11:30 am

Fewer strangers than expected and I found somebody I felt good talking to, so less bad than it could have been, but I still want to recharge a little.

Chilling with ebooks - all my library ones are upstairs - while I wait for parents to be ready for breakfast time.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue May 31, 2022 2:46 am

@Ariel: Ah yeah that's probably because the artist role submissions ended a couple of weeks ago. The writers have started claiming art pieces now, which is probably why those are the most recent announcements.

@Lily: I had a rather socially tiring Sunday too. I'm glad yours wasn't too bad!
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Post by Lily of Archenland » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:47 am

Ugh. Tired. Trying to pull my brain back together in time for church. Didn't sleep too good last night.

On the upside part of my night did get to involve a little art progress. :)
Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Post by Lily of Archenland » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:32 pm

Kind of aching today. My photos are reminding me it's the anniversary of my very dramatic failed attempt to move out. I always wince a little looking at what could have been.

On the upside I have dinner and movie night with my sisters and a friend to look forward to. And I am making some progress on art endeavors.

Return to “The Bird and Baby”