How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

Post by anunknownpevensie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Then there is also about 10 15second shorts you can find on youtube. Look up Berk Sports and Berk Dragons, and it should come up.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Lil
Site Admin

Re: How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

Post by Lil » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:@Sil: Really, it's just one show, but there are three titles. Riders of Berk is season 1, Defenders of Berk is season 2, and Race to the Edge is seasons 3-5.

HTTYD3 currently has a 2019 release date set.
?

2019 ? I'm not ready!!
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:11 pm

:D lol

I can't wait. I am so looking forward to it, even though it is the end of an era for me. I am probably going to buy it as soon as it comes out. XD

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:24 am

@Lil: How are you not ready for a 2019 release? By the time it comes out, they'll have aged the characters another five years! :P
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:58 pm

Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:@Lil: How are you not ready for a 2019 release? By the time it comes out, they'll have aged the characters another five years! :P
Because I read the first HTTYD book and and it has a very sad line on the very first page. If they decide to go that way, I'll be really sad? Also, look what the second one did to us! :P

SPOILERS!
!
!
!
!
Also I ran into some spoilers and apparently Trader Johann with be Traitor Johann in the new series of Race to the Edge. WHAT?!! I said to myself. I can't even fathom it.
Johann as a traitor. Discuss.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Heh. If they do go that way, I expect to have my heartstrings pulled and all my feels hurt. And I will love it. And hate it. And love hating it. (Provided they do it right, heh-heh.)

I haven't got that far in the current season, though I do know about it.
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:13 pm

I have no idea what y'all are talking about because I haven't read the books, but honestly hearing you talk about it is making me rather worried...my favorite characters tend to have horrible things happen to them, usually death. But...they wouldn't dare...would they?
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:37 pm

@hobbit: I've only read the first three books and honestly have no memory of the line to which Lik is referring. However, I've a pretty good idea as to what it is because of fan speculations found on the world wide web. ;) But speculation is all it is right now. I wouldn't get too worried just yet, haha.

(As for character deaths, don't they just endear them to us that much more? *quietly weeps inwardly for all her favourite dead characters*)
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:23 pm

I haven't watched the new series, but based on the VERY VERY VERY thorough tumblr fandom (no need to check it out honestly if you want to stay sane XD) yes, a lot of things are happening that have shocked everyone, and many more are to come I suspect. Not to mention the excitement of the new dragon species and sciences they come up with!

And I have not read the books, nor will I. I read two but hated them. Very inappropriate and not nearly as good storyline as the movies. :P

Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:00 pm

I read the first book and yeah....where is this complex storyline coming from? I thought that Dreamworks did well with just keeping the name and scrapping the plot....

And just to clarify I'm not sure that "inappropriate" quite covers what I thought of the first book I read...more like immature. Inappropriate almost makes it seem like it's Game of Thrones which is honestly giving it way too much credit :P Lots of toilet humor, which I thought reasonable people stopped finding funny at a pretty young age.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Return to “The Bird and Baby”