How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

Post by anunknownpevensie » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Hmmmm, Ariel. I see what you mean and not I'm curious. Seeing as the second trailer is out, I'm not sure whether this is true or not. The Light Fury is an interesting twist and not one that was expected . . . . although I admit it was created by fans long before the third movie was even promised to us.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Lil
Site Admin

Re: How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

Post by Lil » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:01 am

guys. the second trailer is out and it's so much more amazing than the first. The theme of "fly on your own" though. Auugh, we're all probably gonna cry buckets for this film.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:07 am

@Pev: Now I'm thinking that Light Furies are separate. Related to Night Furies, but separate.
@Lil: The second trailer made me sad. What with the rumours about this one, the tone just seems like it's setting up for it. T_T

Is anyone else kinda confused about Stoick's thing about the "hidden world"? I mean, in the first movie, he was all about the island and how the dragon problem would go away if they could defeat them there....
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:36 am

Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:07 am
@Pev: Now I'm thinking that Light Furies are separate. Related to Night Furies, but separate.
@Lil: The second trailer made me sad. What with the rumours about this one, the tone just seems like it's setting up for it. T_T

Is anyone else kinda confused about Stoick's thing about the "hidden world"? I mean, in the first movie, he was all about the island and how the dragon problem would go away if they could defeat them there....

maybe He still is that Stoick that thought destroying the world would cause peace? I dunno. Idk.

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:24 pm

Maybe Stoick concluded that the Hidden World was the Island from the first movie, but Hiccup has been studying the migration patterns of dragons and has concluded that it is not.
This second trailer does make the movie look much more sad. I was trying to be optimistic and assume that The Hidden World referred to Greenland or Newfoundland and that somehow Hiccup was part of the Vikings that settled there, but this trailer makes it seem more like Toothless is leaving him.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:05 pm

I keep hoping that if Toothless leaves, he'll come back maybe sometimes to visit... or vise versa, but that maybe be a false hope.

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:24 am

There is that shot of bearded Hiccup with Toothless, so... maybe? (Unless Hiccup disappears with the dragons, but then there’s the line about “when I was a boy...”.)
knight and scribe
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:26 am

My sister (Luthien) and I managed to buy tickets for the advance showing of The Hidden World. We were really excited because we hadn't been able to see the first two movies when they came out because we didn't have any money then, and didn't go to movies except for Narnia and Hobbit movies.

Overall, I enjoyed it; though I was very tired from working night-shift. The story is stronger than HTTYD 2 and is really about growing up to be an adult. Hiccup is having to make decisions as chief, but I do not want to say too much because of spoilers.

Content-wise there is fighting (less violent than the Narnia movies) and also some swearing and name-calling like in the other films. There is a lot more flirting than the previous movies. As in, my mom probably would have lectured me about the flirting in the movie if I had watched it when I was a kid or teenager.
On the other hand, this movie also includes a line where a character is talking about being faithful to his wife which earns it extra points in my view. Another thing the movie focuses on is being selfless and considering others' plans and dreams in addition to your own.

I felt the ending was satisfying. The animation is also very improved since the first movie. The characters move very realistically instead of slightly jerky like cgi characters have moved in the past and the colors in the film are beautiful.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:31 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I’ve already been waiting for this since the last one came out, but an advance good word is plenty welcome. Eeee, I’m so excited...!!
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:42 am

Ooooooooo I can't wait to see it!!!!

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.

Return to “The Bird and Baby”