How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

Post by anunknownpevensie » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Hello HTTYD fans! ;)
This is a place where you can post absolutely anything HTTYD related (following forum rules, of course)!

I myself can say that, if I am a fanboy of ANYTHING, it is HTTYD. And HTTYD2, and Riders of Berk, Defenders of Berk, Gift of the Night Fury, Dawn of the Dragon Racers, and Race to The Edge. (yeah, I am not to fond of the one other short, Legend of the Boneknapper Dragon.)

I am really looking forward to the next promised three seasons of Race to the Edge, Dreamworks' most popular HTTYD based show yet! And following shortly after, I believe, will be the third HTTYD. Although it looks like it might be a couple years till then, we have Race to The Edge to keep us busy!

By all means, post art, fanfic, and anything else you find interesting and worthy of this thread!

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
featherfish
Knight

Re: How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

Post by featherfish » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:11 pm

so i would just like to express my hatred of Astrid. she's an incredibly flat character, who is tough and untrusting simply because the filmmakers believe that the Token Tough Girl is popular with the audience.

i do, however, like Heather. i think she has a really interesting personality and character arc.

what does everyone else think? Astrid or Heather?
*is such an emo sprite*
lady featherfish, royal vocalist and scrivener of fanfictions

i swear this sig is a goose
silver_fountain

Re: How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

Post by silver_fountain » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:43 pm

Astrid. The movie makers specifically made her for Hiccup. Plus, Heather Isn't even in the actual movies.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:54 pm

Am I a jerk for knot preferring either? I kind of wish the writers didn't think they had to have Hiccup in a relationship at all...
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:23 am

We didn't have an HTTYD thread? Where have I been? Anyway.

Three more seasons of Race to the Edge?!
I watch it just to watch it; only actually enjoy parts of it.

I'm Team Astrid. Not because it has anything to do with the pairing with Hiccup. (Though, really, I laugh inside every time she punches him and then kisses him, just because it reminds me of a certain other fandom couple that fight and make up... so much so that they got married to do so more conveniently. ;) ) It is odd that I'm more interested in Astrid because I do like an interesting, crafty, layered character (and especially a girl who isn't an "I'm-as-good-as-a-man" feminist). I mean, I like Loki better than Thor because of those very things (barring the bit about feminism, obviously). I dunno. Maybe because I find Heather too... much? I know she's acting half the time, but she's just so very undermining every time she crops up (note that I haven't finished the latest season of the show).

Sooo looking forward to HTTYD3 though.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
featherfish
Knight

Post by featherfish » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:52 am

well, i thought there would be more people agreeing with me, but that's okay.

@Sil: just because they made her for Hiccup doesn't mean she's the best match for him.

@Hobbi: um, no you're not. i would prefer it if Hiccup was solo, tbh. :-)

@Ariel: which other fictional couple are you referring to?

i was thinking about it, and i think i like Heather more because she reminds me a lot of myself. huh.
*is such an emo sprite*

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:14 pm

I was referring to Cor and Aravis. :D Even if Astrid goes from punching to kissing in a matter of seconds, it makes me think of Cor and Aravis. Especially at the end of the first film when Hiccup says, "What, is it always gonna be this way?! ... I could get used to it."
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:57 pm

Hehehe! You all are so hilarious. XD

I think Heather is pretty awesome, but yeah. She is a little too much the few times she does appear. Oh, so I won't spoil anything, @Ariel. :) But she is rather awesome. I think Astrid is pretty necessary. @Feather, if you think about what she has gone through, she isn't quite as shallow. She actually has a lot more character, albeit her moods do change really fast. XD

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
featherfish
Knight

Post by featherfish » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:00 am

...i don't think i've ever been called hilarious in my life. "scary" is the usual word people use to describe me. :roll: :lol:

@Pev: it's been ages since i've seen anything HTTYD related. what exactly are you refering to that astrid has gone through? unless it's something from a TV show i didn't watch, (i saw the 1st one and parts of RTTE) i don't think they ever disclosed her backstory.
Last edited by featherfish on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*is such an emo sprite*

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:40 am

@Pev: This thread doesn't have to be spoiler-free. If I see a spoiler, then that's on me. But I like spoilers for almost anything except mysteries, so bring 'em on! ;)

Regarding Heather, despite my preference for Astrid, I do appreciate the things Heather does in the grand scheme of things. And that she's not a copy-paste of anybody.
And, on top of that, if you asked me whose dragon I prefer, I'm voting Windshear all the way! (Favourite dragons in order: Toothless, Windshear, and Changewings. If I was a character in that world, I'd have a Changewing. *nodnods*)
knight and scribe

Return to “The Bird and Baby”