How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

Post by anunknownpevensie » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:01 am

@Feather: If you want to know, her parents went missing, I think, some time long ago. And..... well.... she watched them die from a highly contagious disease, by order of Vigo Grimborn; who apparently had them captured.
Oh, and yeah you are kind of hilarious in my book, cause that word I use to describe anything that makes me laugh. Kinda, like really laugh.

@Ariel: Oh okay. I knew spoilers would come out, but if people don't want them I won't share them. :P
I love Windshear!!!! Windshear is sooo amazing! Of course Toothless is the best! And because of how they live strictly in packs, and cannot really survive outside of them jsut because of how a pack works together, the changewings are untamable. Nothing can entice them to serve anyone but the pack. :) Just a bit of nerd talk.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
featherfish
Knight

Re: How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

Post by featherfish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:04 am

@Pev: oh. O.o well, that explains some things.
oh, cool! ^-^ if you ever met me IRL, that probably wouldn't be the word you'd use, but that's still nice of you. xD
*is such an emo sprite*
lady featherfish, royal vocalist and scrivener of fanfictions

i swear this sig is a goose
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:42 am

@Pev: Yeah, I know that actually getting one's hands on a personal Changewing would be, um, difficult. But the ability to thoroughly camouflage? I can't pass that up! You can hide, spy, sneak, surprise attack, that sort of thing with so much more ease! (Besides, Tenny and gyps have accused me many times of being a total Aragorn, watching quietly from the corner and all, so... yup. Changewing is perfect. :D )

Anyone else have a particular thing for a certain breed of dragon?
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:02 pm

Night Fury, all the way. There is no competition in my opinion. I've never even asked myself what I'd want if I couldn't have a Night Fury.
...But maybe I'm partial because I already have one. :mrgreen: I'm ridiculously biased.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:41 pm

@Feather: Oh okay. :) It is really sad, that episode. It has the Buffalorg and all though, but Ast almost dies.

@Ariel: IKR the invisibility would be utterly fabulous! I guess if one was being outcast by a pack (why I don't know), and you helped heal it, you might be able to train it.
I am particularly fond of the Night Fury as well. I mean, that is just what I look to when I think Dragon. XD I love Windshear, though. *forgets what type of dragon that is* I also would like a Cloudjumper-type (why are the types escaping me right now?).
Raincutters would be great to have as companions, I think. The Flightmare is cool too.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:41 am

@hobbit: *grins* I'm still way jealous of your Toothless cat.

@Pev: Windshear is a Razorwhip, I think. Cloudjumper is a Stormcutter.
If you managed to get a Changewing egg and raised it from infancy (a la the books), I imagine it would consider your pack its pack. Only problem being the Changewing parents. ;)
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:42 pm

@Ariel: Oh yeah. I knew that, but I keep forgetting them at the wrong times.
Ehhhhhh well...... if you have seen Riders of Berk, you know it isn't possible to get a changewing egg. XD

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Happens to me too.
Yup, I know. Hence why I said the parents would be an issue. :D
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Ah okay. Yeah, I don't think it is possible to train a changewing, unless you somehow became really really really good friends with a clan of them. Which then, they might allow quite well.

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:07 pm

Ooh, a whole troop of Changewings! That's even better than having just the one, since they are of pack mentality and therefore function best as a group. Thanks, Pev. :D
knight and scribe

Return to “The Bird and Baby”