How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

Post by anunknownpevensie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:36 pm

yeah exactly :D

Yeha immature in that respect. I have very very much kept my siblings from reading them.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Lil
Site Admin

Re: How To Train Your Dragon! The official HTTYD, and anything there related thread

Post by Lil » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:14 pm

Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:@hobbit: I've only read the first three books and honestly have no memory of the line to which Lik is referring. However, I've a pretty good idea as to what it is because of fan speculations found on the world wide web. ;) But speculation is all it is right now. I wouldn't get too worried just yet, haha.

(As for character deaths, don't they just endear them to us that much more? *quietly weeps inwardly for all her favourite dead characters*)
I was trying not to worry anyone. The line is "There were dragons when I was a boy." @Ariel, it was actually the fan speculation that led me to read the first book. (and I was pretty much surprised as Tooky.)
Lucy Took wrote:I read the first book and yeah....where is this complex storyline coming from? I thought that Dreamworks did well with just keeping the name and scrapping the plot....

And just to clarify I'm not sure that "inappropriate" quite covers what I thought of the first book I read...more like immature. Inappropriate almost makes it seem like it's Game of Thrones which is honestly giving it way too much credit :P Lots of toilet humor, which I thought reasonable people stopped finding funny at a pretty young age.
@Tooky. Yeah Dreamworks HTTYD is amazing, but then I guess fans of the books might disagree.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Mon May 28, 2018 2:03 pm

(Non-staff post)
Hey so I don't know if anyone frequents this thread any more but I saw HHTYD 2 is like 4.99 on itunes today for anyone interested. Don't know how long it lasts maybe only today?

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue May 29, 2018 2:12 am

:shock: Ooooh!! One of my brothers has iTunes...maybe I'll mention this to him.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue May 29, 2018 3:28 am

This thread will see action when #3 is upon us. :D
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Tue May 29, 2018 4:23 am

I hope it will see action.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Wed May 30, 2018 11:01 pm

They've released the name HTTYD: The Hidden World and they have pictures up of how the characters are going to look in the third movie.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu May 31, 2018 2:49 am

I know! They look so much older! Also, Snotlout shaved?
knight and scribe
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Thu May 31, 2018 7:48 pm

Thoughts on the promotional pic white Night Fury? (I had hoped it would be another black night fury, other than that I have no thoughts. Except I think Toothless is probably going to leave. :(

According to the Facebook page, the trailer is supposed to be out next week?

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:12 am

Well, I already accidentally ranted in private chat with you, Lil, buuuuuut....
That better not be the natural colour of female Night Furies. They are NIGHT Furies. Being white makes one more visible. Also, every case of RL animals having colourful males and drab females is screaming out at me that something is very, very wrong with white female Night Furies.
knight and scribe

Return to “The Bird and Baby”