Pitch Your LOTR TV Series!

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

kristi
Site Admin

Pitch Your LOTR TV Series!

Post by kristi » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:59 pm

With a new series in the works, we're all curious to find out what the story will be. Pitch your best idea for a Middle Earth multi-season TV series (Silmarillion is fair game here). The Adventures of Bullroarer Took? Aragorn Abroad (His adventures with the Rangers after leaving Rivendell)? Feel free to use these ideas too if they inspire you.

Include the pitch you would give the the TV execs at Amazon describing the story in brief, the main characters (casting is optional but welcome), a rough idea of an episode, and perhaps some story arcs across the season. After you post, we'll discuss and debate the merits of each show, and maybe vote on a winner.
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: Pitch Your LOTR TV Series!

Post by anunknownpevensie » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 pm

The Teleri. Anything to do with swan ships, honestly, is what I want to see. XD

I think the story of the sons of Feanor would be..... a good plot for a show. With, of course, their own little twists on creating character and adding aesthetics. As long as it doesn't exceed the character implications within the book, it should go well; noting the absence of much detail in the book that is necessary within a visual story.
I think the pride of Feanoreans could be well displayed, but if it is entirely pride and no soft side, then there is a problem. I mean, in the books their pride is what reigns, but it doesn't say they have no soft side. In a visual story, they would have to show both sides, and underdoing the kind side of elves is not something I want to see.
The visual aesthetics of Ulmo though, could be really amazing, but also fairly easy to mess up. I have a picture of........ Pluto(?)/Poseidon that fits fairly well, and if they change that too much I would be disappointed, but not a hater.

An episode, I guess, could be the ships. With background history layn out (in previous episodes), and the ending of the last episode is a secret plotting of Feanor and his sons *please pardon if I get names wrong, it has been ages since I actually read this*, but you don't know exactly what they are plotting to do, and thin in this episode it starts with the kinslaying. Not.... as graphic as that portrays in the mind, but that is what the event was called. I can't remember if it were the first kinslaying or not. However, it progress through the taking of the ships and so end on the discovery of the new land. *detail to be included in episode not mentioned for lack of good memory and book not accessible*
This episode would be a heart-wrenching one, but should hold a good show of pride from the Feanoreans, as well as the super strong regret and pain they feel from what they just did.

Ugh my brain's too dead to list more. i need to rereead it sooner or later. Is this sorta what you were looking for?

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:18 am

Just...Boromir and Faramir's childhood. :shock: I want to see some more stuff of them being happy like we got to see in that one extended scene from LOTR. So I'd like to see the childhoods of various LOTR characters, but those two most of all.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:06 am

I think I'd like to see TS (Silm) stuff. And, so far as a multi-season show goes, there's plenty of material there to connect the seasons to each other.
I've got no pitch myself, since it's been a long time since I've read TS or Children of Hurin; other Middle-earth works, I haven't even read yet.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:23 am

Hm. I think that a way to do the Silm now and to do it in a way that would tie it in with the rest of the series would be to have it framed as Elrond writing it down, but not in a historical way, more of as an extended letter to Eldarion as a way of telling him his own history in the words of his grandfather. That would allow them to start with the more approachable story of Beren and Luthien as opposed to the really complicated (Though in the long run a better gold mine of drama) story of the Feanorians. After all, there are spin offs :P
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:55 am

Has anyone else seen the Silmarillion Series idea site that one fan created on how a TV adaptation of the Silm could be laid out?
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:35 pm

The SilmFilm Project? Yup. I think they're working on Season 3 now. https://forums.signumuniversity.org/ind ... project.5/
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:10 pm

The Silmarillion would have enough material to develop. I hope they do make one, but it would be difficult, they'd have to "flesh-out" some parts and keep track of the extensive reference material.

I almost wish they could do a spoof of Lord of the Rings in space. I know it's incredibly cheesy but I used to really wonder about what would happen if Mordor had been it's own solar system and they had to throw the ring of power into the sun. I even made a paper spaceship a number of years back for the paper LotR characters I had made.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:02 am

@Kristi: Oh my goodness, I'd never heard of the SilmFilm project! I'd only seen the Silmarillion Series.
@Hermit: I.........I'm a weird way I wouldn't mind seeing a spoof either. Then I wouldn't be so bummed if they mixed some stuff up. Like how I didn't mind the little things they did with the Lego LOTR game.
Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Post by Lily of Archenland » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:22 pm

...I want a good-quality animated series of Beren & Luthien. Like. That's absolutely goals. No attempt at realism except in, say, the details of the background scenery and fur-texture on Huan and the werewolves. Just beautiful art. And a dramatic musical score with a visual style-shift on the song-weaving magic duel between Sauron and the Elf-lords is *essential.*

Return to “The Bird and Baby”