Favorite Bible Stories

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Favorite Bible Stories

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:17 am

It's hard to pick just one favorite Bible story, especially for those of us who grew up going to church. Mine is almost always changing.

I think one of mine is from Jeremiah, where he had the Word of God written down by Baruch. Then Baruch read it to the people in the Temple. Then it was read to King Jehoiakim, who cut it into pieces and tossed it into the fire. It did not destroy God's, Word though. God told Jeremiah to have Baruch write His Word all over again.

Anyone on here have a favorite Bible story they would like to share?
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Bible Stories

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:09 am

I’ve long been partial of the David-centric chapters of I Samuel. Samson was my absolute favourite when I was very small; Esther made it in there at some point; in my teens, I had some fascination with Ehud and with Jael.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:50 am

David story yes (almost any part)... Esther more recently (I've always considered that Esther saved the entire Jewish people from being whiped out, if this interpretation is true then without her no Jesus and all that follows) (except for the ligne from Esther, "The Lord will deleiver the Jews by another way but you and your father's house shall perish)
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:13 pm

Those are all good ones.

Ruth and Esther are unique books of the Bibles. Other than being named for women, Ruth was a gentile (a Moabite) who married a Jew (Boaz) while Esther was a Jew who married a gentile (Xerxes, King of Persia).

Also, God's name is not mentioned in the Book of Esther, but He sure does show His divine Providences.

There were many women in the Bible who made a difference- Sarah, Rahab, Deborah, Ruth, Esther, Elisabeth, Mary, Lydia.

Return to “The Bird and Baby”