Narnian Artifact Quest II

Anything specifically TLC related, such as chat logs, event logs, contest stuff, and more! It's all found here.

Moderators: Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

elanorelle
Contributor

Narnian Artifact Quest II

Post by elanorelle » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:31 pm

You'll be scouring the web (or calling on your own creativity) to find the costume accessory or prop specified for that hunt.

You'll come back with links to three different items: one "Luxe" (what you could buy if you had no budget), one "The Look for Less" (a very inexpensive item that still reasonably resembles the item you're questing for) and one "DIY" version. This last one can be a craft version you find online, but it would be ten times more awesome if you make it yourself. Our favorite items will go onto some new Pinterest boards we're creating for the purpose, and the top item in each category will probably go onto a new page of recurring costuming/prop "where to get it" pages that we're planning to run.

The rules:

1. You must get all your links approved in the usual fashion.
2. The "Look for Less" item should be something where there is more than one available. You can usually tell if eBay items are mass-produced or not because they'll say they have more than one available, or you'll see the same item later on your search page. We want this to be an item anyone can buy.
3. The Luxe item can be a one-off. Just so it's droolworthy. It cannot be the original prop (Yes, props come up on eBay sometimes.) and you cannot say "I will commission Jasmine Watson to create a replica for me." You CAN have a replica made if you find a site where a person is already offering custom made replicas. There have been one or two artists who offer made-to-order replicas of Susan's crown, for example.
4. Please include the price of the item if at all possible. With some made-to-order items no price may be listed, and we understand, but otherwise we want to know. You don't need to include shipping.
5. Don't list an item someone else has already posted, (unless you happen to find it for a reduced price!) Either find something different or skip that category. You don't HAVE to do all three, but we'd love to see you try.
6. Judging will be fairly subjective. If a $5 item approximates Lucy's crown, but a $10 item is a dead ringer, the $10 item will probably win in the "Look for Less" category. Likewise crafts that are both easy to do and fairly convincing will probably be rated higher than incredibly complicated items that only an artisan could make (but by all means, share your artisan items!)
7. By providing images of your crafts, you grant TLC the right to use such pictures on our site, Pinterest, social media, etc.

We will post one item every fortnight

Places to look: eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Pinterest, Google...remember Google Reverse Image search is your friend!

This round we want you to search for Susan's horn (reference below).

Submissions should be in by the 20th.

Extended to 31st.
Last edited by elanorelle on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kristi
Site Admin

Re: Narnian Artifact Quest II

Post by kristi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Well I have a few finds that I'd like to post:

Luxe: The Noble Collection replica. Originally retailed for $50, but scarcity has upped the price and it has gone for $250 and $310 on eBay recently.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... -440812488

The Look for Less: This replica doesn't quite get all the details right, possibly in an attempt to avoid copyright violation, so it has the same general look as the original horn, but no eyes are really discernable. Still, it's definitely got the correct feel. $12.99, but currently out of stock http://www.shopgreatproducts.com/susans ... of-narnia/

DIY: I've always liked this carved wooden replica, though I plan to get some pics and post a shot of my own DIY horn later: http://www.carrhunger.com/hobby/narnia/Movie.html
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:57 am

*drools*
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:56 pm

Quest is extended to 31st.