The TLCinema -- Showing "Prince Caspian"

Anything specifically TLC related, such as chat logs, event logs, contest stuff, and more! It's all found here.

Moderators: Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

kristi
Site Admin

Re: The TLCinema -- Showing "Prince Caspian"

Post by kristi » Thu May 17, 2018 2:40 am

So I heard. Paul Martin is listed, but thinks it’s a different Paul because he sent his in late.
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Thu May 17, 2018 2:41 am

Thanks for the link, Swanwhite.

Hobbit: we don't sit through every credits scene if we've seen the movie before or if we thought the movie was boring. But we always sit through the credits scene in the theater unless were there with someone who wants to leave early.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Swanwhite
Site Admin

Post by Swanwhite » Thu May 17, 2018 2:42 am

Sounds good :)

I'd better get to sleep now. It was a pleasure, true Narnians, true friends!
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Thu May 17, 2018 2:42 am

Hermit, you're forgetting the time we were the last people left, and the theater actually stopped the credits in the middle to get us to go ahead and leave.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu May 17, 2018 2:43 am

Good night, Swan!
@Hermit: Wow. That was... rude. Of them, I mean. What if you legitimately wanted to know the name of the top caterer? :P
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Luthien
Knight

Post by Luthien » Thu May 17, 2018 2:44 am

Sorry, I accidentally posted under my sister's (Hermit) name. Beware the perils of a shared laptop after yours has its battery die.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu May 17, 2018 2:44 am

@Hermit: Ohhh, okay. Yeah, I can understand sitting through them at the theater. We missed the after-credits stuff from Mom's Night Out the first time we watched it because the people we were seeing it with were getting impatient.

@Luthien: :lol: :lol:

G'night, Swan!
I have to go pretty soon, too. I have to be at tae-kwon-do class in half an hour. But oh man, it was so fun to be here for this!! I'm so glad I could make it!
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Thu May 17, 2018 2:53 am

At “I Can Only Imagine” the other day, they never turned the lights on after the credits rolled, just left us to find our way in the dark.
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Wed May 23, 2018 1:25 pm

@Kristi: We also didn't see anyone else leave which was disconcerting when we realised we were the only ones left

So they didn't have PC on my inflight entertainment from Heathrow - it was always going to be a long shot. (They also didn't have all the Star Wars films which was even more annoying because I'd got through 7 and a half of them on my travels and only had 2 and a half left to go on my last flight.)

Anyway, I decided to listen to the PC audio book instead. I started about an hour before you guys started watching because it was much longer than the movie would be and it was already midnight my time. Listening to audiobooks is kinda good for me when I'm trying and failing to sleep on a plane because at least my eyes get rested. I think I dozed off between chapters 2 and 7 (so missed all of Trumpkin's back-story) but was pretty much awake again from the time they left the island. In all, it made my 11 hour flight much more bearable but I don't have any amazing insights from listeninig to it again.

You guys made some interesting comments on the movie here. I'll try watch it one day soon and add my own comments to yours.
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu May 31, 2018 2:51 am

Ajnos wrote:I'll try watch it one day soon and add my own comments to yours.
I'll keep the thread open for the time being. ;)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"

Return to “TLC Happenings”