Strider, Strider, Aragorn

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

jesusgirl4ever

Re: Strider, Strider, Aragorn

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:46 am

DoS is the only one I own the EE of...when we bought LotR and AUJ, I didn't know the EEs existed. Then BoFA EE was rated R, sooooooo...

Strider.
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Wait, wait, WHAT! I haven't even seen the rest of "The Hobbit", extended or theatrical, so WHAT about Thrain?? I'm so confused......

Strider!
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Strider sips tea and sits in the corner and has no idea what everybody is talking about. :P
Thank you, Hobbit!
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Thrain shows up in the DoS EE...Gandalf meets him in Dol Guldor (?).

Strider.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:58 am

But...but I thought...Thrain? Didn't he die? I thought he died in Moria. The orcs killed him. I've read the Appendices of LotR! And a lot of the other stuff out of the appendices counted as canon and some of it even made it into the movies (Aragorn and Arwen, anybody?).

Strider is most confused now.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:09 am

@chess: I'm fine with the Mouth of Sauron scene (though he freaked me out for a while. Ew....

@Jaygee: Please tell me you've at least seen the EEs of LotR! Those are worth it!
I haven't seen BoFA EE as a full film yet (ie: I've seen the extended scenes on YouTube). There's a reason they bumped it up to R and it's not even a good one (as in, it's more over-the-top overkilling for purely entertainment purposes). :/
@hobbit: the EE of DoS has Thrain (presumed dead by pretty much everyone but Thorin) running around Dol Gulder as a crazy, murderous madman (mad-dwarf?) in need of the treatment Gandalf gave movie!Theoden. Basically. They didn't really say how he escaped Morris, only that Azog took the last of the Seven Rings from him on the battle field.
@nia: *sits with you and sips on a cappuccino*

Strider
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:47 am

@Ariel: Ahhhhh...okay. So I assume the orcs didn't cut off his head like they did in the book-canon? That's a hard thing to recover from.

Strider hasn't even seen the theatrical cut of LotR, only the extended edition.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:58 am

@hobbit: uh... nope. They cut off his finger (to get the ring) and then years later, in Dol Guldur, he got sucked into the swirling vortex of Sauron's spirit form. Don't ask 'cause I dunno why. ;)
I saw FotR theatrical twice before owning the EEs, then the entire trilogy once in theatrical because someone was hosting a theatrical marathon. I've yet to muster the courage to marathon both trilogies.... I'll need at least two days of doing absolutely nothing. :lol:

Strider announces as an fyi that she may be late to writers' tomorrow.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:46 am

@Ariel: :lol: Okay, well, I'm relieved that he didn't have to try to survive being decapitated.
I have yet to truly marathon LotR. I want to sometime, though. The closest I've gotten is watching all of it in...two days? Three?

Strider is hungry...
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:16 pm

@Ariel: I've seen the clips from the EE on YouTube...and sometimes I forget whether or not they were in the theatrical version (i.e., the Faramir and Pippin scene).

Strider.

Return to “Town Square Archives”