Greetings, people from That Other Place

If you are a new member, please, introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Moderators: Tenethia, Ajnos, Swanwhite

narniac101
Contributor

Re: Greetings, people from That Other Place

Post by narniac101 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Wow, it is so nice to meet all of you TLCers!

Howdy, Elanor!
I do like archery; I am in 4-H competition.(I even got 1st place!!!!) :D I am pretty crazy too, but mostly just because of my craziness about Narnia relative to my family's readings of Narnia. I have thought about making a comic before, but when I finally got around to trying, I couldn't think of any good ones.

Hi, Islie!
I have never met a giraffe before. Now, where is this island your talking about? Being the king's mapmaker, wouldn't want to overlook anything! ;)

Hello Ariel!
I listened to the FotF audios a few years back; then I read the books. I totally fell in love with them. My sister makes fun of me sometimes because I can quote a bunch of parts from the audio since I've listened to them so much. :) I have a lot of books that I need to read too, but I have been kinda busy lately.

Hello again, Tenny!
We have four dachshunds, Elise, Maggie, Cricket and Mille. We are the REALLY crazy people here; we foster dogs. (Maggie is the foster, and she is just clueless. Cricket used to be a foster; she came with 5 puppies. After they were all adopted out, we decided to keep Cricket) Our cat's name is Hodgkins and he is an orange cat. Hodgkins is Supreme Emperor of the Universe, and is working on his world domination plans (He even has his own facebook page :lol: ). He is about 1 year old.

Hi Jill!
I really liked the LWW movie. And if you liked The Hobbit, you'll love LotR. You are very correct; everybody here is so-o-o-o-o nice! :D

Salutations again, Shi!

Hmm, pretty good isn't it? I think I liked FotR best though. :)

Howdy Always!
I have heard a lot about you, and your articles are superb! I like LotR too, but you just can't beat Narnia! ;) You know, I think I might have Kidnapped somewhere on my bookshelf.
(I'm cool with blue too, that's my second favorite color!)
Thank you, Hobbit!
The Happy Islander
ROotL

Post by The Happy Islander » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:14 pm

Heehee, if I ever figure out exactly where my island is, remind me to let you know. ;) I've been a member of TLC for two years now and I still haven't sorted out a lot of those details. :lol: (I'm sometimes rather absent-minded... hence needing a reminder)

Do you play any musical instruments, by chance? :) I just got thinking today that I haven't played the harmonica for a few months, and ought to dig it out. :)
They might not need me but; they might.
I'll let my Head be just in sight;
A smile as small as mine might be
Precisely their necessity.
-Emily Dickinson
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Hello again.
No, I'm afraid I don't play any instruments. My sister plays the harp though, and she is really good at it (She also calls herself the Absent-minded Professor, sometimes. You reminded me of her when you said that:) ).
I see that its something like a TLC anniversary of yours, or something of the sort. Congratulations! (That is, if I'm not mistaken.) :)
Thank you, Hobbit!
The Happy Islander
ROotL

Post by The Happy Islander » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:25 pm

Thanks! Yes, last week was the two year anniversary of when I joined TLC :)
They might not need me but; they might.
I'll let my Head be just in sight;
A smile as small as mine might be
Precisely their necessity.
-Emily Dickinson
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:11 am

Well then Islie, I offer you an unambiguous congratulations from the king's mapmaker! *sweeping bow* :D .

Would you happen to be able to explain this system of Newbies and whatever other titles there are on the bio-thingies for the TLCers? I don't think I understand. :?
Thank you, Hobbit!
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:14 am

Awww, your cat sounds adorable ^.^ and also it sounds livelier than mine! :P
4H! Are you homeschooled? *ears perk up* I'm homeschooled. I associate 4H with homeschooling. Don't know if that's even a logical attachment since I've never been in 4H before...

I can explain the ranks :) newbies have brown names, and they have to get any links approved by staffies or moderators. Knights are members who have been loyal for a few months. They get specially knighted by staff :) Knights don't have to have links approved (except for graphic links -- everybody including staffies has to get those approved.) They also get the privilege of writing a bio of themselves for the bio section :) ROotL is short for Royal Order of the Lion, that's another specially appointed thing, a higher honor than a knight. It demonstrates extreme persistent loyalty to TLC. :) They don't get any more privileges, just their names get turned orange. It's a pretty neat orange too :) Contributors are purple and have different jobs around the site. Like my job is the writer's group runner, and Elanorelle's contrib job is the comic coordinator. Moderators are green and they watch out for spam around the forum, and any creepy trolls :) and staff are in charge of a lot more than contribs or moderators, and run the site under Kristi, who is the site owner :)
Here's an old comic that basically explains it :) All the staff names are red in the forum :)
https://www.thelionscall.com/comic/whos ... ions-call/ (TLC is definitely affiliated with itself.)
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
cor
Knight

Post by cor » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:21 am

Knights are members who have been loyal for a few months
:D lol, Tenny! Just saying! :D A year sometimes, Narniac, don't listen to Tenny! :P I joke, I joke! Tenny is a good person!
*is such a cocky shapechanger*
I am Kili to Gypse's Fili. And apparently to Alex's Legolas...
*is a Bore sitting on my Bor's head*
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:49 am

Well, narniac, you've completed step one beautifully. :) Step two is simply to participate in other forum threads and/or chat: get to know people, let people know you, have fun, check things out, etc.!

As for your question, hopefully this will be helpful (in addition to what Tenny has already provided).
Titles on TLC run something thus: squire (aka newbie, distinguished by the colour brown), knight (blue), and Royal Order of the Lion (usually shortened to "ROotL", orange). "Knight" is the title bestowed on members that have shown a dedication to TLC and have proven their worthiness of the title by displaying good character, participating, and overall being a good member of the community. "ROotL" is more or less like "knight" times itself, that is, for members who attain recognition for great dedication over an extended period of time.
Contributors (purple) are members who run various "events", such as Writers' Group or Caption Contests or Comics, under the supervisory of the staff members.
Moderators (green) are members who keep an eye out in the forums, especially in their designated areas (for example, I watch in particular non-Narnian fanfiction and original fiction).
Staff members (red) are those who keep TLC running beautifully on the executive levels. These are the people to go to to ask permissions or to have a problem addressed, etc..
The ultimate staffie is our beloved and benevolent Fisherdess and Webmistress, Kristi, who created TLC and gave the rest of us a rallying-point in cyberspace to be part of a great community. :D
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:57 am

Aha! I think I understand now.

Thanks for explaining that Tenny! :)
Hodgkins is a pretty busy cat; he likes to chase lizards. Sometimes he brings them inside to play with him. Yes, I am homeschooled. 4-H is pretty cool, but the only thing I am participating in is archery. And, actually, I think it is a pretty logical attachment of homeschooling and 4-H; all of the 4-Hers in my group are homeschooled, and the majority of all the other ones I've been to are homeschooled too. I really like being homeschooled. :D

Thanks to you too, Ariel. I'll try and remember that. :)
Thank you, Hobbit!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:36 am

Forgot to mention that I'm homeschooled, too. :P
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”