Greetings and hello, yes

If you are a new member, please, introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Moderators: Tenethia, Ajnos, Swanwhite

The Happy Islander
ROotL

Re: Greetings and hello, yes

Post by The Happy Islander » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi! I feel a little silly introducing myself to you in here while talking to you in chat, but... *shrugs* whatever. :P

I'm Islie, an absent-minded talking she-giraffe. In the chatroom, I'm sometimes found hiding under the rug or on the ceiling.

It's nice to meet you, and welcome to TLC! :D
They might not need me but; they might.
I'll let my Head be just in sight;
A smile as small as mine might be
Precisely their necessity.
-Emily Dickinson
resdreamer
Knight

Post by resdreamer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Perhaps, but a hello is not unwelcome :P
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi resdreamer- What shall I call you? Res? Dreamer?

I'm always narnian, though most people here call me Anne. (Some call me 'always')
I am a Christian Homeschool graduate. I also have a sister who hangs around this site whose name is Shi of Narnia. I have been a reporter around the site for...maybe a year now? Anyways, I've learned a lot and it can be tons of work and yet fun, too! Ajnos is our Editor, and she's amazing. You'll probably see her around the Forum!

Anyways, welcome to TLC! I'm a Narnia fan (obviously) and especially like "The Silver Chair" out of the series. I am also a big Tolkien fan, enjoy playing the penny whistle and am trying to learn some guitar right now, and am an aspiring writer! So there ya go, in a nutshell (though I am also crazy, love coffee, and converse shoes.)

Welcome again!!!!!!!! We are glad you joined us!
resdreamer
Knight

Post by resdreamer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:28 pm

Nice to meet you! You can call me whatever comes more naturally to you, I'm not that fussy!
A reporter? You write articles? That's pretty cool.
I'm not so much a Tolkein fan but I'm obviously a Narnia fan and also I LOVE Terry Pratchett's Discworld so that's a thing :P
Horse and His boy and Voyage of the Dawn Treader are my favourite of the books, but Silver Chair is good too :)
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:37 pm

:D Okay, I shall call you Res for right now because it is short, hahaha!

I have never heard of Terry Pratchett's Discworld.

(Well, I shall try not to bore you with Tolkien things, as that could happen since I talk so much about it ;)

Yep! I write articles! Whether they're good or not, that's one thing. I believe I am better at fiction, but reporting is a great experience and I still like it. It just doesn't come as naturally as creating!
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:39 am

Sehsis! Welcome, Welcome, and Well met. It's good to see you here as well. I hope very much that everyone here treats you well.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:37 am

Hello, Res! (I'm afraid I shall be calling you that as I refer to Beautiful Dreamer (our caption contest contributor) as "Dreamer".)
I'm Ariel, a Christian adult who likes to masquerade as a knight or ranger primarily. My biggest fandoms are Narnia, Lord of the Rings, and How to Train Your Dragon in that order, though I've a number of other fandoms I'm into as well. I love to read, write, watch (and criticize, heehee) movies, play with graphics, mess with videomaking, and such like. My favourite Narnian is Peter (after Aslan, of course). My favourite Narnia book is HHB, recently followed by LB (I almost cried at Tumnus' description of how upon going further up and further in, everything gets bigger... and I never cried reading Narnia before).
Sooooooo... yeah. That's me in a nutshell. :D
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:28 am

Why, hello there Res! :) Nice to see another Narnia enthusiast join our wonderful community. (It's guaranteed you'll enjoy your time on TLC, we're all friendly folks here.)

Just a bit about myself: I am a Christian 'hobbit' who goes by the name Elanorelle, (most just call me plain ol' Elanor or Ela), and I LOVE Narnia. My favourite book at the moment is LWW followed closely by HHB and LB (or are those two switched? hmm). My favourite characters are Aslan, Peter, Edmund, and most recently Tirian. While Narnia is my #1 fandom I'm also a part of others, such as Middle-earth (Lord of the Rings/Hobbit). I love history, learning, reading, writing, drawing, tin whistle playing, crocheting, making graphics, archery, and hanging around here. What hobbies and interests do partake in? :)

I hope to see you around!
Elanor
resdreamer
Knight

Post by resdreamer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:51 pm

@always narnian
Ahh they're great, they're a fantasy-comedy series set on a world called the disc and they're amazing!
And hey, any writing is still creative and gaining experience.

@Ariel.of.Narnia
Nice to meet you! :D I'm not so much a Tolkein fan myself, but How to train your dragon is awesome and my favourite of the Narnia books is also HHB!

@elanorelle
Hello! Nice to meet you!
I have to admit Archery would be pretty awesome to do, only tried it once though.
My own hobbies are RP (I'm on NarniaMUCK as you may have figured :P), general gaming, cooking and kendo!
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:47 pm

Archery is nice to get out and do. I don't have many arrows right now so I have to retrieve them after a few shots, which can be a bother. :P
Nice! What type of cooking do you enjoy? Also, kendo sounds very interesting. :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”