Greetings from Poland!

If you are a new member, please, introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Moderators: Tenethia, Ajnos, Swanwhite

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Poland!

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed May 13, 2015 1:27 am

@Nicky: No... I don't speak Polish, sorry. But I do recognize MacGyver!! :D
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Wed May 13, 2015 7:28 am

Nicky Gabriel wrote:I never wanted to be a teacher, actually. I wanted to be a dressmaker. And when I became a dressmaker I needed some other dream to dream. So I decided to be a physicist as was my favorite TV character at that time (MacGyver). Becoming a teacher just happened. I don’t even know how!
My first career choice wasn't teaching either, but the concept has grown on me, and it looks like something I'd actually like to do. How is teaching for you?
Nicky Gabriel wrote:I traveled a lot. Hungary, Czech, Slovakia, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, France, USA. I might have forgotten something :)
Wow, you are very well traveled. Of those places which did you like best? :)
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Wed May 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Hello Nicky, and welcome to TLC :D
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Nicky Gabriel
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by Nicky Gabriel » Wed May 13, 2015 7:19 pm

ShiofNarnia wrote:Hi Nicky, I'm Shi, and I am sisters with always narnian. I'm also a Christian, and I love dogs and want to be a photographer.
I work with photographers! I teach graphics classes as well. But I only teach the techniques, I’m not really talented in that department. But my students are amazing! Good luck!
Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:@Nicky: No... I don't speak Polish, sorry. But I do recognize MacGyver!! :D
MacGyver saved my sanity when my sanity needed to be saved LOL
elanorelle wrote:My first career choice wasn't teaching either, but the concept has grown on me, and it looks like something I'd actually like to do. How is teaching for you?
Teaching is the most amazing thing I have ever been doing. I think It’s because I always get the best students :) I can’t imagine doing something different.
elanorelle wrote: Wow, you are very well traveled. Of those places which did you like best? :)
Hungary – Budapest is the most amazing capital city I have ever visited.
Czech – I live right next to the border, so it’s not even a foreign country for me.
Slovakia – same here!
Germany – the most friendly place I have ever visited.
Italy – I loved Rome. Oh, and I forgot – I also visited Vatican! I forgot it’s a different country!
Austria – great mountains.
Switzerland – even greater mountains.
Belgium – I only visited at night, so I didn’t see much. However what I have see, I liked.
Netherlands – my friend lives there and I usually visit her, so I always have fond memories.
France – I don’t speak French, so I can’t say much good about this place:)
USA – I visited twice and the second time I spent there a month. I visited with a friend 22 states and the most amazing place was Washington. This city is MAGICAL!
Lil wrote:Hello Nicky, and welcome to TLC :D
Hallo! I already like it here!
Dear God,
No matter what happens, give me the heart that is willing to obey You whatever cost may be.
Love,
Me

My AO3
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Thu May 14, 2015 1:39 am

Nicky Gabriel wrote:Teaching is the most amazing thing I have ever been doing. I think It’s because I always get the best students :) I can’t imagine doing something different.
Well, that's good to hear!
Nicky Gabriel wrote:Hungary – Budapest is the most amazing capital city I have ever visited.
Czech – I live right next to the border, so it’s not even a foreign country for me.
Slovakia – same here!
Germany – the most friendly place I have ever visited.
Italy – I loved Rome. Oh, and I forgot – I also visited Vatican! I forgot it’s a different country!
Austria – great mountains.
Switzerland – even greater mountains.
Belgium – I only visited at night, so I didn’t see much. However what I have see, I liked.
Netherlands – my friend lives there and I usually visit her, so I always have fond memories.
France – I don’t speak French, so I can’t say much good about this place:)
USA – I visited twice and the second time I spent there a month. I visited with a friend 22 states and the most amazing place was Washington. This city is MAGICAL!
It must have been very interesting to experience that many countries. I'd love to visit many of those you named, if not all of them! But that will have to be sometime in the future.
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Thu May 14, 2015 5:42 am

Nicky--- Alas, some people can do that! I am afraid I just cannot. It seems to me that when people want to take someone's book and make it into a movie, why change it? Why not make your own story? But you must forgive me on that matter. :) I am very glad you like Tolkien.
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Thu May 14, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi Poland! Greetings from South Africa! ;) I'm Ajnos (sometimes Ajnos Gamgee) and I'm the resident hedgehog (a lady-hog). I'm one of the forum staffies and editor for the news team. In my other life I'm a lecturer in Linguistics and and doing my PhD on an aspect of Ancient Greek language. Hope you settle in here and I get to see you around.
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

Post by albero1 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:36 am

Hi Nicky!
I'm Albero (everyone calls me Berry,) the teenaged dormouse-dryad of TLC. *deep bow* I like cute animals (I'm pretty sure my new puppy is the cutest thing that ever happened XD), the color green, Netflix, my friends, drama club, and, well, I /like/ traveling....but I've never left the USA. -.-
The Hobbit movies are KIND OF amazing, as are Thor and The Avengers. Loki is pretty awesome, but it's not like I named my dog after him or anything....*cough*YesIdid*cough* My little brother's username is Smaug, but he rarely comes online. :(
Poland? That's cool! :D I have quite a few friends whose families are from Poland. :D
Adieu!
-Albero
Lady Albero, Royal Vocalist and Scrivener of Fanfictions, Knight of TLC
Lyrics from House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots

Return to “New Member Introductions”