An Unknown Pevensie

If you are a new member, please, introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Moderators: Tenethia, Ajnos, Swanwhite

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: An Unknown Pevensie

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:39 pm

@Pev: yeah, we have some interesting species around here. I'm a boring old Daughter of Eve, but I like to dress up as a knight or ranger most of the time. ;)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:56 pm

Interesting, all of you. I have some friends who have seen almost ALL of StudioC, so I know a bit about them (Bisque). The Piano Guys are Awesome, so is Lindsay Sterling, and I like what Peter Hollens does. I have only heard one of his songs (I See Fire), and I love it so much I can sing it pretty well. Nobody has seen my name before, by the way. At least, not Me. I am also interested in drawing, (what could be better that taking it from one of your better friends!), horses, video making, German, Icelandic, Swedish, (Etc.), singing, and I play trombone and violin. I am also homeschooled. My favorite hobby is reading. I have read Narnia about six times, LOTR and TH about ten times each, The Jungle Books about three times each, and a myriad of other things like G. A. Henty, Jules Verne, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

Post by albero1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:42 pm

Ehehehe, yeah, back in ye olde days when I was a preteen, I wanted to be a dryad...but then later on I wanted to be a dormouse. :P so yeah.
Lady Albero, Royal Vocalist and Scrivener of Fanfictions, Knight of TLC
Lyrics from House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:42 pm

I've never read "The Jungle Book", but all the other books you mentioned I'm a fan of too. :)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:32 am

@Pev: huh, I was so sure I'd seen your name before. Ah, well.
Peter Hollens has a number of really good ones (I don't listen to some of his selections, but there are a number of absolute gems - "Baba Yetu" may be one of, if not my absolute, favourites).
I haven't read any Arthur Conan Doyle apart from Sherlock Holmes, but I really enjoy the Holmes stories and have yet to read another book by him that I bought a couple years ago, but haven't got to yet.
knight and scribe
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:40 pm

Hobbit of Narnia,
Rudyard Kipling is a great author. I am not sure if he was Christian, and his books are not exactly christian, but they are not bad, if you know what I mean, rather, they are very good. Some of his stuff you may not want to get into, but I cannot remember what. All his stuff is Indian. Everything happens in India.
Ariel,
I should look into some more of Peter Hollens's work. He did the end song for Prince of Egypt, at least on youtube. I think Carman wrote it. In case you didn't know, Carman is a Christian author who has been around for years. He has been doing music since he was about 20, I think, and he is about 65 now. I went to a concert of his recently, and he is still doing it great.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:57 pm

@Pev: Whoa, wait, Carman wrote a song for Prince of Egypt?! How did I not know this? (Haha, yeah, he's getting up there, but still going at it for sure.)
knight and scribe
hansgeorg

Post by hansgeorg » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:27 pm

anunknownpevensie wrote:German, Icelandic, Swedish,
Wie gut sind Sie auf Deutsch?
Huru bra är du på svenska?
Hvór gódh ertu á íslenzku?

Sorry for not getting the eth by ASCII Code ... also, my icelandic is one of my worst dialects of Germanic. I am fairly good at Swedish, German, English, though. I even read De Hobbit oop Nederlandsch.
anunknownpevensie wrote:Rudyard Kipling is a great author. I am not sure if he was Christian, and his books are not exactly christian, but they are not bad, if you know what I mean, rather, they are very good.
You should read CSL's essay on Rudyard Kipling. That man, btw, was a freemason. Thus not a Christian. He overemphasises "teaching newcomers the ropes" a bit, if I may trust CSL. My own experience of him is, I liked the Just So Stories, especially about the alphabet.

Was H a shark tooth because SH would remind of S enough for the SH sound, while the shark jaw looked like the H? I meant shark jaw in the first instance too.

Hilarious.
anunknownpevensie wrote:He did the end song for Prince of Egypt, at least on youtube.
The "if you believe", of these VERY early Christians?
anunknownpevensie

Post by anunknownpevensie » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:56 pm

I think so.

hansgeorg

Post by hansgeorg » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:21 pm

ah, ok

Return to “New Member Introductions”