I missed this place!

If you are a new member, please, introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Moderators: Tenethia, Ajnos, Swanwhite

augray
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

I missed this place!

Post by augray » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:22 pm

Woah, so, last night I had a super weird dream about this site. All I really remember was that there was a beloved user named storm__weaver who was a grandpa and there was an announcement that he had died. It was actually really sad... but anyway, the point is, I used to hang out on this site a LONG time ago, wayyyy back in my homeschool days. Which is to say, over six years ago. I spent hours on here, but I just forgot about it once my Narnia hype died down to a dull roar. I'm 19 now, and just dropped out of college (at least for the time being). I'm volunteering at the local zoo and taking odd jobs and art commissions as well as just-for-fun art. :D (Mostly my Star Wars fan characters if we're being honest.) (Also, while we're being honest, I haven't read Narnia in quite a long time, but it still holds a dedicated place in my heart. I'm a real fan! Promise!) My avatar is my own art. Sadly the only Narnia fan art I have is super, super old. Like, embarrassingly old. But I did recently dig up some old art that I loved back in the day when I was 11, and I really want to redo it. Maybe rejoining TLC will motivate me! I'm excited to see this place is still going, even with the relative lack of Narnia content these past few years. I'm glad to be back!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Re: I missed this place!

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:36 am

Hi!! I wasn't on TLC when you were, but you seem to have similar interests as me, so I'm glad you're back and am looking forward to getting to know you. :mrgreen:
I'm Hobbit, and some of my hobbies are drawing, writing, reading, and working with animals. My bigger fandoms are Narnia, Lord of the Rings, How to Train Your Dragon (my cat's name is Toothless), and Sherlock Holmes.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:35 am

Hi! I was around in those olden days (I still hang around because I still have some friends here, Kristi won't let me quit, I use the PM system for a lot of things and Kristi won't let me quit)! I um, vaguely remember you but sorry not all that much, I think I might have been volunteering at a camp the summer you were active. (But hey, Stormy! Been forever since I've seen Stormy.) I'm a graphic designer now, well, I have a degree in graphic design and a portfolio and I might have just graduated college and am looking for a job....yeah, still calling myself a graphic designer.

Wait.....6 years ago....you were probably around when I pulled off an April Fools day joke and got engaged to Stew! I miss Stew. He's married in RL. Haven't talked to him since he got engaged. I miss Stew. Wow. This is becoming more of a nostalgia trip for me now than a real welcome.

Though as a graphic designer I will say that you really do seem to have some artistic talent and I totally recommend taking some community college art classes. Way cheaper than traditional college and it'll give you a chance to get some pro feedback. Plus instruction about how to market yourself and not get ripped off in commissions.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:13 am

Welcome back, augray! We've never met (I might have been hanging out on the TLC homepage when you were active). Anyhoot, glad you remembered TLC and good times and Narnia and stuff!
I'm Ariel and I love reading, watching movies, writing, playing in Photoshop, messing with video edits (not that I do it much...), and wishing I could draw anything close to what I picture in my mind's eye. ;) Narnia is my #1 fandom, though I have several others such as LotR, How to Train Your Dragon, Sherlock Holmes, Young Justice, Captain America....
Looking forward to seeing you around!
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:24 pm

Hey!

I'm Nia. I wasn't around when you were, waaaay back then, ;) but it's cool to have you back! My main fandoms are Narnia (I need to re-read the books, too! It's been more than a year... *is being a bad Narniac*), HTTYD, Star Wars, and LotR. I also like the colors turquoise and and purple. :P aaand I'm a craft-y person. I sew, knit, make chainmaille... things like that. :mrgreen:

Hope to see you around! :D
Thank you, Hobbit!
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:54 am

Hi there! Nice to meet you!

I'm Jaygee! (Gpys and Cor call me Jaygers sometime. Dunno why, but if you like that, you can use it, too.). I'm a Christian homeschooler (who is also dual-enrolling at the moment, btw). Can't remember a time when I wasn't a Narnia fan... My favorite character (besides Aslan, of course) is Lucy, with Jill, Peter, Aravis, and Edmund following closely behind.
I'm a big fan of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, even if BoFA made me very, very sad. ;) My favorite character from that is Eowyn. I also like Tauriel (unlike many others), Legolas, Arwen, and Sam.
I'm also a big fan of Star Wars. I like the original trilogy, the prequels, and the sequels (also unlike many others) (also, the Clone Wars and Rebels). My favorite characters are Padmé, Rey, Leia, Jyn, Ahsoka, Luke, Anakin, Obi-Wan...y'know what, just all the good guys. :P
Currently I'm also into the Marvel fandom, at least the Avengers and Cap movies.
I like reading, writing, hanging out on TLC, and playing with my younger cousins.

I've also got a cousin called Aygee floating around occasionally, but she's not around very much. :D

Hope to see you around!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi Augray, I'm the Hermit of the Northern March. I am a girl, a Christian, and an American. I was here six years ago too, but I wasn't on a ton and mainly in the forum and making comics.

Since then I've gotten a Bachelor's in Nursing and am attempting through books to find out whatever I think an art degree would have taught me. (I have this dream of drawing my own comic book.)
Fav. fandoms: Narnia, LotR, HTTYD, Rise of the Guardians, Stargate, Doctor Who (5th, 9th,10th, & 11th Doctors), BBC Merlin, Spider-man, and Frank Peretti novels.

I hope you have a good time here and re-enjoy reading Narnia!
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Benisse
Site Admin

Post by Benisse » Tue May 09, 2017 8:09 am

Welcome back, Augray. I like the way you use light in your profile picture, by the way.
I would love to see you reworking some Narnia fan art too!
Xin Yesu, Xiang Yesu - Believe Jesus, Be like Jesus
LWW art in my avvy and siggy by my daughter
Niffum
ROotL

Post by Niffum » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:55 pm

Tooky! YAY for being a graphic designer, it HAS been way too long. And I love your trip down memory lane, I miss Stew too, and I DO remember that April Fool's joke. Anybody know what Petraverd(Pointy) is up to these days? Also pleased to meet you Augray :)
augray
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by augray » Tue May 21, 2019 7:00 pm

Oh golly. I sure just forgot about this post right after I made it didn't I? And two years later, a random dream is what brings me back here again. In the dream I was in an old house, hanging out with the Pevensies. I don't remember many details but I do remember clearly recalling the name Kristi Simonson while I was in the dining room of the house. The walls were the same yellow color as this website.

I'm now 21 and I've been through a lot in the past couple years. I love Narnia dearly but I'm kind of afraid to delve back into it, because I don't want to contaminate it with bad memories of things that are currently happening in my life if that makes sense? But I still think about it whenever the flowering trees bloom in spring. :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”