I missed this place!

If you are a new member, please, introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Moderators: Tenethia, Ajnos, Swanwhite

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: I missed this place!

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue May 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Hello again, augray! I must say that your dreams of Narnia and TLC are pretty cool.
I’m sorry you’ve had some tough stuff to deal with. Whether or not you choose to delve into Narnia again, you’re always welcome to hang out here. We may be a Narnia community, but that’s not the only language we speak. :)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Wed May 22, 2019 10:38 pm

Augray, I'm glad you came back again and that you dreamed about this place.

I kind of get what your saying about that you're dealing with more grown-up things right now. I sort of felt that same way during and right after nursing school and avoided this site. I have just seen too much and know too much that can go wrong and my mind has become more geared to solving problems than just enjoying things (if that makes sense).

Like, I was watching Dreamwork's Prince of Egypt and started crying when I realized how much I had grown up and still feel like I'm not headed where God wants me to be. I also have a hard time talking with kids now that I'm an adult, even though, when I was a teenager I was volunteering with toddlers in church every third week.

I think if you read the Narnia books, that they will be familiar and that you will still be able to enjoy them. C.S. Lewis fought in WWI and was still able to write them (albeit, years later), so I think there is some hope for us adults.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
augray
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by augray » Thu May 30, 2019 11:46 pm

Thank you guys so much for your replies *hug* It's encouraging to know other people are having similar experiences. For a lot of years now I've felt like I'm going through the part of life where I can't enter Narnia anymore, in a way, and it's scary. But I think that God is pulling me back toward it, for whatever reason. A few days ago my friend and I planned to do a sort of book club over the summer and we're going to start with the Silver Chair. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 am

I can speak from experience that God has used Narnia as a way to get me to think on stuff. Even to wake me up to a major issue I had! Perhaps that’s what this pull is: a way for Him to show you something in a different angle.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"

Return to “New Member Introductions”