Tanker says hi

If you are a new member, please, introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Moderators: Tenethia, Ajnos, Swanwhite

tanker34
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Tanker says hi

Post by tanker34 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:16 pm

Hello everyone!

I've joined this forum because I remember fondly reading the Chronicles of Narnia years ago... A series of books I discovered when the movie was made, not because I had seen the movie first (I had already read 4 of 7 books when I saw it) but because it wasn't translated in my mother tongue before the film!
So, I'm a relatively recent fan of the Narnia universe compared to old timers on the forum, but let's say I had no other options.
Apart from that, I'm working as an interpreter since I went to university and got a master's in English after doing my military service, and I like drawing and shooting sports.

See you on the forums!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Tanker says hi

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:14 pm

Hullo, tanker, and welcome! We’re happy to meet any Narnia fan, new or old, strong or mild! I myself became a Narnia fan in 2005, a few months before the first Walden film came out. A friend made me borrow her radio drama CDs and I don’t regret it, haha.
I am a Christian woman with multiple creative interests and not enough time to develop very well in all of them: video editing, writing, cake decorating, drawing, photoshop, and such. The only sport I engage in is archery, whenever I get myself over to the range.
I’m also one of the staff members here, so if you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout!
Welcome to The Lion’s Call!
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:19 am

Hello Tanker! I'm Hobbit, and I'm 15-ish years deep in the Narnia fandom (I first read it at my older sister's suggestion), and although the intensity can waver some depending on how long it's been since I read the books it always comes back eventually. :P I always love meeting newer fans because they're so excited about Narnia and it tends to get me excited all over again too.
Your hobbies sound cool! The only shooting sports I've done more than once or twice are the archery kind, but I'd like to try the other kinds more often too (guns are illegal where I currently live, though, so it'll have to wait). And I like drawing too! I'm also hoping to study more languages in college but at the moment I only know one well (though there are a couple of others that I've been learning for a few years and I've dabbled in a handful more).
Hope to see you around! :)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:30 pm

Pleased to meet you, Tanker! I'm Kristi and I created the site. Glad to have you here!
tanker34
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by tanker34 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:31 pm

Thank you for your warm welcome! It's always great to see a forum that is still active, with such a dedicated staff to boot.
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Hi, sorry I'm late.

I'm glad you stopped by and that you like Narnia. I look forward to seeing your posts on the forums.

I live in the United States, I'm Christian (Baptist), and a girl. I have a bachelor's degree but I have been taking Spanish and art classes mainly because I want to take them. My sister is Luthien on this website. She's my younger sister but she has read much more classic literature than I have and writes much better. That is, if she has time to write. She is in grad school.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Swanwhite
Site Admin

Post by Swanwhite » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:35 pm

Hey Tanker!

Great to meet you :) You can call me Swan. I'm a Canadian LIbrary Tech/poet. I love Jesus. I'm more often in the chat room than the forum these days, but I'm looking forward to seeing you around.
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:57 pm

Hello and Welcome! :)
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)

Return to “New Member Introductions”