Greetings and salutations!

If you are a new member, please, introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Moderators: Tenethia, Ajnos, Swanwhite

narniannetty
Regular: Meeting Father Christmas

Greetings and salutations!

Post by narniannetty » Thu May 28, 2020 5:45 am

Hello everyone! I'm Netty, I'm a fan fiction writer, artist, pianist and Bible College student! I'm not very good with expressing myself like this, but I'm glad to meet you all, fellow Narnians!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Greetings and salutations!

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu May 28, 2020 5:58 am

Hi, Netty! I’m Ariel, one of the staffers here. I’ll occasionally pop into the chat, but I’m more of a forum person. I write fanfics as well, though not all that much in the last couple years.... :? Partly because I depend on bursts of inspiration and because I have too many hobbies: cake decorating is the main one right now, with some video editing, experimenting with resin jewelry and wood burning, occasionally a little sketching (nothing very good though), some reading of course.... And I seem to have dropped playing in Photoshop for the most part, which is sad. Should get back to it.
Anyway. Enough about me. How’d you get into Narnia? What’s your fave book and character?
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
narniannetty

Post by narniannetty » Thu May 28, 2020 3:41 pm

That's so cool! You have interesting hobbies! I've been a fan since the LWW Disney movie came out. I never really dug into it but just knowing it was based on Christian stuff and how Aslan represented Christ was just so captivating as a child for me! I remember when VOTDT came out and I was so excited. After that, I kind of got away from it and at the time I got away from God too, I ran back to God after a while of battling severe depression. I have a sister who's 10 years younger than I am, I decided to show her LWW one day a d she fell in love with it. That's what reignited my spark for Narnia, and then seeing Edmund's story now as a grown up, it really changed me. I bought the book collection and I'm reading it to my sister. We finish The Magician's Nephew (we're reading them in chronological order), in a few days. It's a really good book and explains alot! As for characters, it's so hard to choose just one! I would have to say Edmund because I can relate to him because of my own past, but as the eldest of four, Peter is too relatable. How about you? Who are your favorite characters?
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri May 29, 2020 6:17 am

Oh wow, that’s quite the story! Edmund is indeed super relatable to all those who have walked his path (and he’s a great character besides!). My favourites are Peter, Edmund, Tirian, and Trufflehunter. I tend to gravitate toward characters with a combination of particular characteristics (which makes me largely predictable, but whatever). Of the four I named, Trufflehunter is the one that fits in least (though he’s no outlier), but the thing that has inched him up into favourite territory is his faithfulness in the face of dark, despair, and defeat. Peter I latched on to very early on, being a leader, level-headed, humble, and noble. Edmund grew into the same, with the addition of a sarcasm and a different flavour of frankness. Tirian too has kingly qualities, and he struggles against his own despair to hold on to what he knows of Aslan; he’s sort of like a blend of the other three, now that I think of it.
Of course, there are so many great characters to choose from, and they’re all unique with their own stories and truths that they put forward for consideration.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
narniannetty

Post by narniannetty » Fri May 29, 2020 5:39 pm

That's so cool! I'm still reading the books so I'm sure as I go on I'll know what characters you're talking about other than the Pevensie's and Caspian 😂
Swanwhite
Site Admin

Post by Swanwhite » Fri May 29, 2020 9:02 pm

Hey Netty :) We've met on the chat, but I'll add my official welcome here as well!

I'm not as active on the forum as I used to be, but I still stick my head in every now and then.

It's cool hearing your story! I'm glad you found the Lion's Call. Can I take it from your thread title that you are familiar with Adventures in Odyssey?
narniannetty

Post by narniannetty » Fri May 29, 2020 10:49 pm

Pleasure seeing you again! And yes, I grew up listening to it and still love it! Obviously, Eugene is my favorite.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sun May 31, 2020 5:40 am

Hello, Netty! I'm Hobbit. I have a lot of interests, and I've been a Narnia fan since I first read the books at age 7 (I'm in my twenties now). Welcome to The Lion's Call! I've not been around much lately but have been trying in the past week or so to check in more often since I'm in the States for the summer.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
narniannetty

Post by narniannetty » Sun May 31, 2020 2:49 pm

Hi Hobbit! I'm still reading the books (and trying to balance my life with Bible college XD ). I love them so far and I remember reading LWW in 4th grade. I grew up watching the Narnia movies and looking around the forums, I know I'm missing ALOT so I'm trying to catch up. I'm glad to hear you're going to be active more for a while!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:59 am

Aww, fun! Part of me wishes I could somehow read the series for the first time again, since I'm sure there are things about it that you notice more when you're older. I didn't see the movies until I was in my mid-teens, but it made me fall in love with the series all over again.
By the way, we sometimes have reading challenges over the summer when we read one or more Narnia books; we'd love it if you'd join!
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”