Hello, I'm Chris, And I've Finally Escaped The Wood Between The Worlds

If you are a new member, please, introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Moderators: Tenethia, Ajnos, Swanwhite

hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Re: Hello, I'm Chris, And I've Finally Escaped The Wood Between The Worlds

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:42 am

@Chris: Nine Lashes is my top favorite Christian band. You're the first person I've met who's heard of them (that I know of). I've also heard a lot of tracks by Red and Skillet, but the others are new and I'm delighted for the recommendations, thank you sooo much....
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ajnos
Site Admin

Re: Hello, I'm Chris, And I've Finally Escaped The Wood Between The Worlds

Post by Ajnos » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:59 am

Greetings Chris,

Excuse my rather belated welcome, though we met in passing on Chat, it was a rather busy time for me with year-end marking to do so I was aware of your misadventures but distracted. Your inability to post on the forum, reminded me how little I have used it of late. I used to check it and post every day for years through my student years but since I started my first full time job, I lurk more on chat and discuss stuff with other staffies but haven't posted much on the forum except during the Summer Challenges.

Anyway, with the academic year almost at an end here, I've finally been able to take leave and spend time with my family whom I've not seen since January due to Covid restrictions. And catch up on forum stuff. I lecture ancient Greek at a public university, mostly (though not exclusively) to theology students. With an academic position, I'm supposed to do research too, but I've only been in the job two years and switching to online learning this year meant I had little time for research.

I was also mostly introduced to Narnia through school. I had listened to some audio book or drama version on cassette tapes when I was five but don't remember the details from that. We read MN and LWW in school in Grade 4 and I tried HHB, but got lost in Tashbaan. I only picked them up again in Grade 9/10 when I read through all of them for the first time and fell in love with the stories.

Hope to see you around more
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam

Return to “New Member Introductions”