Hello, I'm Chris, And I've Finally Escaped The Wood Between The Worlds

If you are a new member, please, introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Moderators: Tenethia, Ajnos, Swanwhite

chris
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Hello, I'm Chris, And I've Finally Escaped The Wood Between The Worlds

Post by chris » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:18 am

Once there was one member whose name was Chris, and it has been told in the chat logs of a site called The Lion's Call how he had a remarkable adventure. He had joined the site chat as a guest and found himself in a quite different world from yours, and in that different world he could not get the login to work so he could join you all and talk about Narnia. While he was in the site chat he seemed to only be a guest for days and days; but when he could log in and found himself in the forums, it all seemed to have taken no time at all. At any rate, no one noticed that he had ever been glitched out, and he never told anyone except one very public forum.

I guess before I begin, thank you so much to Swanwhite, Kristi, and Ariel Knight for the welcome and for helping me get my account up and running - and I apologize again for somehow, in the course of a week, inexplicably breaking everything. Seems everything's alright now, I think it goes without saying that the Admins here are above and beyond!

Anyways hello everyone, my name is Chris. I'm a professing Christian and I've been a Narnia fan for a while. I'd say I've been one since the day the teacher made me and my class read The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe in elementary school, but can I really use the word "made" when I eagerly tore through the book, got lost in the story, and had to pretend I didn't finish three week's worth of assigned reading in advance? It didn't take too long to read all seven books ... and re-read ... and re-read ... and wear out those physical copies beyond redemption. That's what you get when you just pick up a softcover, I guess.

Only recently did I re-read the series, too many years later after I last finished. I've been trying to dive back into reading something other than engineering textbooks and, my goodness, reading Narnia again felt like returning home after a massive leave of absence. It had been so long, in fact, that I couldn't recall if the Green Lady was actually the White Witch or not - but thankfully a quick search brought me here and I got an answer to the question. That's how I found The Lion's Call and, honestly, I'm excited to be a part of the fun.

Aside from Narnia (my favorite of the books being The Silver Chair), my hobbies include building computers, programming, animation, and Lego. I also really love rock and heavy metal - especially songs and bands with Christian perspectives - and have plenty of recommendations if that's your sorta thing.

I'm excited for what lies ahead here!
"I look into the sky / I’m crying out Your name / I made my mistakes but You forgave me"
- Fit For A King, "Oblivion", Dark Skies (2018)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Hello, I'm Chris, And I've Finally Escaped The Wood Between The Worlds

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:44 am

Hey-o, Chris, glad you finally made it to our neck of the woods (ba-dum-tish)! Glad to hear more of your story (how you discovered Narnia (uh, three weeks to read LWW? that’s a snail’s pace!), how you found us) and more about you and your interests! You’ll find yourself in rather good company here, as we’re (obviously) all Narnia fans, many who come through here are also Christians, and several have artistic interests.

I was forced through the wardrobe in 2005 when my best friend at the time made me borrow her Focus on the Family CDs. She realized her “mistake” later when I became a full-fledged fan, surpassing even her love of the series. I found TLC through looking up a question I thought I’d read an answer for somewhere. Didn’t find the answer, haha, but I lurked around the home page for a year or two before finally getting onto the forum and, later, chat.

We’ve been pretty quiet in here lately, but I look forward to seeing what you’ll bring to the table! We’ve got a bunch of different threads, so jump into whatever catches your fancy and see where it goes!
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:03 am

Hi Chris!!
I'm actually really interested in your music recommendations, if you wanna drop me a PM sometime. I like rock and metal too but only have a few favorite bands so far (Nine Lashes is one of my favorites...)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:53 am

Hello Chris, I've seen you around the chat a little but usually after you're gone. I am so glad everything got worked out and you could join us! Welcome!

I would like to say that Narnia was always around me as a Child, but I didn't really know it as Narnia. I was first introduced by watching the BBC movies (which my brother insisted we watch) and by watching the animated movie, which I found more (I am told I was Narnia was read to me as a Child, but I have no memory of it.) And then again when my parents purchased us the Focus on the family audio dramas which my brother and I Both enjoyed.

I didn't really come to comprehension about the movie till 2005 and the coming of the Walden movie. I found this site during one particularly boring day while waiting in a lobby of my dad's work to get Internet. And a few years after I joined although my name was considerably longer then. ;) (but that's another story for another time.) My favorite Narnia Characters are Lucy, Edmund and Peter with the Horse and His Boy and LWW, being my favorite although I also have a great love of MN and PC as well.

It's interesting that you mention you enjoy building computers! What sort of computers do you build? Laptops? Desktops? Mac? I have only really very timidly started to explore the insides of laptops though, and replaced a few parts, although I have been fascinated by them since being a child and bringing home a pop-up book from school about desktop computers.

I hope you'll have a great time here and welcome again!
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:56 pm

HI Chris, welcome to the forum. Its been a bit slow recently so I hope you'll explore and make a comment or two. I like Narnia (I think I watched the LWW cartoon first then the LWW Walden film then read the seven books before Prince Caspian came out) I came here through another site's link. I first signed in to post my Narnian fan books (I thought it was a pre-requisite)Then decided to make a few comments. I really got interested in the Star Wars page in Bird and the Baby.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
Swanwhite
Site Admin

Post by Swanwhite » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:15 pm

".. except one very public forum."

😂😄😁

What a spectacular entrance!

We are more or less acquainted now, but I extend to you my official welcome to the forum!!!

I joined an earlier form of this forum something like fourteen years ago. I haven't been posting as much as I used to, but the temporary loss of it (which wasn't really your fault) inspired me to get back into it.

I am also a Christian. Narnia and other books by Lewis have been a big encouragement to my faith.

I'm a Canadian, a library technician, poet, sculptor and apparently a playwright.

Have you ever seen the lego "brickumentary"? I watched it earlier this year and really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to seeing you around, Chris!
chris
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by chris » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:16 pm

Oh wow, quite a few replies! Thank you for the welcome everyone, I'm super happy to be here.

Ariel.of.Narnia - Hello again and thanks again for helping me get set up here! The school curriculum was kinda funny in that you read The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe in 3rd grade, then Prince Caspain in 4th grade, and then that was it. As if they didn't think the kids would realize there's five other books and immediately wonder why we weren't reading those in class! I'm gonna have to see if I can find those CDs you mentioned ...

hobbit_of_narnia - Hello! I've got plenty of recommendations. Nine Lashes is a great one, they've released some great singles as of late. Skillet, Red, Disciple, and The Protest are similar and pretty good too. On the heavier side, Wolves At The Gate, Fit For A King, Demon Hunter, and War Of Ages are solid as well. I'll definitely send you a few tracks sometime soon!

Lil - Hello and thanks, it's good to meet you too! I wasn't aware that there were more Narnia movies than the recent three, I'm going to go check those out when I have a chance. As for computers, I've built a few desktops - I've built mine that I am using right now and a few for some friends. If you're interested in building one or general maintenance or whatnot, feel free to hit me up.

knightofnarnia - Hello and thanks, the forum's been great so far! There's a few topics I may explore today, and if you all are talking Star Wars in another forum, I may just join in. The chat's mentioned a few of us are watching The Mandalorian so there's plenty to chat about there.

Swanwhite - Hello again and thank you very much for helping me figure out my account! Glad to hear the forum's been tuned up, I'm looking forward to being a part of it all. I've yet to see A Lego Brickumentary but now I kinda wanna check it out!

Thanks again to all of you, I look forward to getting to know you more!
"I look into the sky / I’m crying out Your name / I made my mistakes but You forgave me"
- Fit For A King, "Oblivion", Dark Skies (2018)
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:57 am

chris the Bird and the Baby is a subdivision of this forum. Here you are in Welcome and Information. The Bird and the Baby was made to talk about non Narnian subjects on this forum.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:38 pm

Oh, I actually played no hand in helping you get set up on the forum. That was very much thanks to Kristi and Swanwhite!
Dear me, what do they teach in schools these days? ;) Honestly though, I can understand not going through the whole series. Not everyone would want to do all seven books (no matter how much I think they ought to).
I do recommend the Focus on the Family dramatizations. I’m not the biggest fan of a couple of the voices and acting choices, but they did a really wonderful job! Certainly worth checking out.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:59 am

Hi Chris, you have the most excellent intro ever. I am the Hermit of the Northern March. I first came to this site when I was 14 and thought I should get a username that sounded mysterious and very anonymous. I am a Christian, a girl, and an American. I work in healthcare and I do work with some covid patients although I'm not on a covid unit.

I don't read as much fiction as I used to but Narnia has been a big influence on my life and I still love to talk about Narnia. I'd probably read more if I wasn't spending so much time trying to learn Spanish.

I love to draw and am trying to make a comic book as well. Eventually, when Narnia reaches public domain I hope to make comic book versions of some of the books.

I second Swan and also recommend the Focus on the Family versions. They are great to listen to while driving and do a good job deciding what needs narration and what could be spoken by the characters. They are very faithful to the books although they are adaptions.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a

Return to “New Member Introductions”