Hannah introduction and Narnian music to share

If you are a new member, please, introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Moderators: Tenethia, Ajnos, Swanwhite

hannahvkj
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Hannah introduction and Narnian music to share

Post by hannahvkj » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:56 am

Hello all,
I have actually been following this site for years but have not interacted at all. I hope to be more open and consistent in interacting online and forging new friendships.

I have a link to a beautiful Narnia inspired musical composition I would like to share on this forum. It is written by Spanish composer, Marisa Robles. I believe this was composed and performed in the 1980s. But please don't quote me on that.
I am not sure if anyone has shared this song before but I hope everyone enjoys it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fWhjTn ... bles-Topic (approved after posting by Ariel.of.Narnia)
The Happy Islander
ROotL

Re: Hannah introduction and Narnian music to share

Post by The Happy Islander » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:09 am

Hi Hannah, welcome to TLC!

I'm the friendly neighborhood giraffe. I'm not generally active in the forum, but I happened to see your post and wanted to say hi. :) Hope you enjoy it here!

-Islie :)
They might not need me but; they might.
I'll let my Head be just in sight;
A smile as small as mine might be
Precisely their necessity.
-Emily Dickinson
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:29 am

Hello, Hannah!

I’m Ariel, one of the staffers here. We’re glad you’ve decided to join in!
The music you’ve shared is lovely; seems fitting for a solemn, pre-war-council dance performed by fauns. (We do ask that you get all links approved by a staff member before posting though. Just a precaution we take here!)
What’s your history with Narnia? Favourite book? Favourite character(s)?
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hannahvkj

Post by hannahvkj » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:17 pm

Hello Ariel,
Thank you! The song is so gentle and soothing.
Yes, I will check with you all about links going forward :)
I first read Narnia when I was 11 or 12. I enjoy the books even more as an adult. There is a lot of depth in them. Oh goodness! How to choose ;) Probably Voyage and then Wardrobe. Lol! After Aslan, Lucy and Mr. Tumnus. I want to have Tea with him ;)
What are your favorites ?

Hello Islie! Thank you!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:38 am

Narnia is very special in the way it only gets deeper with time for sure. Every time I read ‘em, something different stands out!
My favourite book is HHB, followed by LB. SC and PC used to be in those spots, but the older I get, the more my “favourites” focus shifts. Aslan, is of course, the best. After him come Peter, Edmund, Tirian, Trufflehunter, and Jill.
knight and scribe
The Happy Islander
ROotL

Post by The Happy Islander » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:38 am

My favorite of the Chronicles of Narnia is Prince Caspian, and Lucy is my favorite character (I love how she is the one who is most often seeking for Aslan). :) I also like Puddleglum, Trufflehunter, and Reepicheep a lot.

Are there any Narnia sorts of activities you like to do? Once (when I lived somewhere else), I made my own personal Narnia; I decided on places in the park or neighborhood that could represent different places in Narnia or the surrounding countries. That was a lot of fun. :) Some people around here enjoy writing or reading fan fiction, or creating Narnian artwork.
-Emily Dickinson
hannahvkj

Post by hannahvkj » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:43 pm

Islie,
Yes, Reepicheep is another of my favorites. I agree about Lucy, she is always so focused on Aslan.
What a lovely idea! I will have to start that in my city. I hope one day to discover a hidden pool like the wood between the worlds. That has been one of my favorite images to keep in my heart; a place so green and quiet and peaceful. I really want to host a Narnian themed party. Some of my friends used to host a Lord of the Rings party every year. We would dress up in medieval costumes and there would be historical dancing and lots of LotR inspired foods. There should be a holiday called 'Narnia Day'
I've written a couple of Narnia inspired poems. I'm always looking for Narnia/lion themed accessories.
The Happy Islander
ROotL

Post by The Happy Islander » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:17 pm

Oh, it would be so neat if you can find a pool like that! The wood between the worlds is my favorite part of MN.

A Narnian themed party sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I wonder what a Narnian party might be like. :)

hannahvkj wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:43 pm
I've written a couple of Narnia inspired poems.

Ooh, nice! I wrote a marsh-wiggle lullaby several years ago, but that's the only thing like that that I've ever done. I...think there are places in the forum to share things like that if you want to (no pressure if you don't want to). But somebody else would have to tell you where to post it...as I said, I'm not in the forum much. :)
-Emily Dickinson
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:48 pm

If you wish to share any Narnia writings, here’s the thread to do so: https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17. (Please read through our writing rules first. :) )
knight and scribe

Return to “New Member Introductions”