(Taralyn) It's been a while, but I wanted to say hi!

If you are a new member, please, introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Moderators: Tenethia, Ajnos, Swanwhite

Taralyn
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

(Taralyn) It's been a while, but I wanted to say hi!

Post by Taralyn » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:06 pm

Hey Kristi, Petraverd, Swanwhite, White Rose, and others who may or may not remember me!

I was active on here for a short while, oh, I guess around 2005? Back when I was in highschool. I found this site where I could share my joy and love of Narnia. Everyone here was so warm and welcoming. My username was Taralin (or Taralyn, I honestly can't remember how I spelled it!).

Not sure what prompted it, but just recently the thought popped into my head, "Whatever happened to that fantastic Narnia fan site?" And sure enough, to my delight, you all are still going! :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and more importantly, thank you. You all provided a friendly, safe space to grow friendships and encourage one another. Sites like TLC are really rare nowadays. Keep up the good work, and thanks for all your efforts!

Love, Taralyn
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: (Taralyn) It's been a while, but I wanted to say hi!

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:17 pm

Hullo, Taralyn, and welcome back! I’m Ariel. I started hanging around here in 2008 or 2009 but didn’t join the chat and forum till 2011, so we haven’t met till now.
Which of the books is your favourite?
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Post by Lily of Archenland » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:42 pm

Hi! I might have been around sometimes back then but can't recall if I interacted with you.
Good to see you, though. :)
How have you been doing?
The forums have been real quiet lately, but I wouldn't mind helping change that. ;)

-Lily
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:33 am

Hi Taralyn! Good to see you again! The Horse and His Boy is still my favorite. By all means, ladies, chat away.
Taralyn
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by Taralyn » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:59 am

I've always loved The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It's such a good adventure story with something new around every corner. I mean, who doesn't love Reepicheep's enthusiasm, or Eustace's transformation!

I've always found the ending a bit sad though--separation is a theme throughout the books, which makes the reunification at the end of The Last Battle even sweeter. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:01 am

Good reasons to like VDT! Reep has several shining moments, and the un-dragoning of Eustace is poignant and applicable, I believe. And it contains my favourite quote of the series: “I have another name.”
I lean toward HHB and LB myself. Aslan’s “I am the Lion” monologue hit me between the eyes so hard several years ago, that it rocketed my love for HHB to the top. Similarly LB: last time I read it I was moved nearly to tears when Tumnus said, “The further up and further in you go, the bigger it all gets.”
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:58 pm

Hi, Taralyn! I'm Hobbit and I wasn't here when you were here before but it's nice to meet you as a new acquaintance anyway. :)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:00 am

It's nice to meet you, Taralyn. I am jasmine_tarkheena, and I've been here for only about a year.
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:10 am

hi Taralyn I'm Knignt of Narnia (Though nearly everyone calls me Knight.) I mostly comment about Star wars in the Bird and the Baby section. Anyways I'm almost sure I didn't meet you I became a member only around 2010's
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)

Return to “New Member Introductions”