Ajnos

Moderator: Tenethia

Ajnos
Site Admin

Ajnos

Post by Ajnos » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:34 am

TLC Name/Pronunciation: Ajnos, [i]AJ-nos[/i] (a as in Aslan; j as in Jardis, n as in Narnia, o as in Octessian, s as in Sopespian)

Gender: Contrary to popular misconception I am a daughter-of-eve (or lady-hog, as my hedgehog alterego)

Age range: twenties

TLC occupation/Residency: Staffie/hedgiemin and news-team editor. And can I still be the resident Oxford Scowler even though I'm no longer there?

TLC Species: Hedghog (aka hedgepig/hedgepickle)

Location outside Narnia: South Africa

Favourite Narnian book: VDT (because of the ending) also SC in recent years (because Puddleglum and stuff)

Favourite non-Narnian books: Dragon King Trilogy (and selected other Stephen Lawhead), Rings, The Silmarillion

Favourite movie/TV programmes: Doctor Who, Reboot, Toy Story 3

Favourite foods: Bar-One, Chocolate Digestives, Top Deck, Boboetie, Milk Tart (being away from SA for two years suddenly makes South African specifics my favourite)

Favourite drinks: Rooibos tea, Pepsi, Cream-Soda, apple juice, Appletizer and Grapetizer

Favourite quotes: "The eagles of the Lords of the West are descending over Numenor!" ~ JRR Tolkien
"Born a daughter of Eve. Now a daughter of the Second Adam." ~ Me
"Whenever you're glumly and need a small friend, a hedgepig will love you to the prickly end" ~ S Lawhead
"When you want to do two different things with a great and terrible wanting, and you can only do one of them, it isn't easy to make up your mind, especially when things like loyalty come into it." ~ Rosemary Sutcliff, Brother Dusty-Feet

Relatives on TLC: My brother is Tenebrous (though he isn't on much)

About Me: I'm an academic with a background in Linguistics and Classics. My specialty is Greek linguistics. I'm currently working on my PhD.

Interests: Reading, Embroidery, Knitting, Languages, Tolkien's Legendarium, Doctor Who

Things I Don’t Like: Peanut Butter, Onions, Mushrooms, Mosquitoes

Ending Conclusion: I love my TLC family!!

Return to “Staff, Mods, and Contribs”