Non-Narnian Fan Art

Do you have any fan art to post? In here you will find threads for both Narnian and Non-Narnian.

Moderators: Lucy Took, White Rose

hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Re: Non-Narnian Fan Art

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:15 am

Thanks, everyone! :mrgreen:
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Nice drawings! I really like your Boromir. (I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it looks like you managed to convey the conflict that Boromir has. Trying to be a noble man, but also the pull of the ring.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:35 pm

Thanks, Lil!
It was...sort of intentional. :P
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Hobbit of Narnia, your pictures are pretty well-drawn. Bucky and Cap look great as mice and Boromir looks formidable! Keep up the good work.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:36 am

Thanks, Hermit! :mrgreen:
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue May 02, 2017 2:21 am

Since it's been a month, I hope it's okay to double-post.

(Notice how dark and smudged Denethor's face is. This is because I didn't do a very good job with the first light sketch and had to keep erasing and redrawing it...at least five times. Also, the kind of paper in the notebook I used was loath to give up that which had been drawn on it, and I was using a very large, blunt eraser. So the moral of the story is, I think, this: be careful with your initial sketch and it'll save time later. :P I'm still not satisfied with with what I ended up with, but I wasn't about to try erasing and redrawing it again.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue May 02, 2017 3:50 am

Ooooh, I really like the Theoden one! (Also, I really want that chair!)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue May 02, 2017 3:57 am

I want the chair, too...I just don't know how I'd make it fit in my room. :lol:
I just have to say, though, that I really didn't think it through when I decided on the characters I wanted to draw. I do not like drawing beards, as they are exceeding hard to get looking right (for me, anyway), but here I did Gimli, Treebead, and Theoden, who all have these great bushy beards, and then Boromir has a more normal beard (lol). This...ahem...may or may not be why I did Denethor without a beard, though I think it'd be interesting to see him with one.
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Tue May 02, 2017 10:24 am

Nice!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue May 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Thanks, Jaygee. :)

EDIT:
So because I'm still dissatisfied with how Denethor turned out in the other drawing, I decided to do a little individual drawing of him, rather than risk making the other one worse. This time he looks less like the Denethor in the movie and slightly more like what I imagined him to be like based off descriptions in the book.

Return to “Fan Art”