Non-Narnian Fan Art

Do you have any fan art to post? In here you will find threads for both Narnian and Non-Narnian.

Moderators: Lucy Took, White Rose

sardhrantor
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: Non-Narnian Fan Art

Post by sardhrantor » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Wow, that's a really good drawing! ^^ Yep, never thought of 'em as elves.
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:00 am

Love it!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:58 am

Haha, thanks, guys! :mrgreen: This is one of the first times I've bothered intentionally drawing these two, which is surprising, considering how much I like the stories and admire the characters. They usually just end up as little space-filler doodles on other sketchbook pages.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:26 pm

That sketch is so cute!! I would not be able to pull that off.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:23 am

Love your Sherlock elves, Hobbit. Great work!
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:00 am

Aww, thanks, guys. :mrgreen:

I accidentally put the X-Elves on temporary hold while taking a few days' scenic road through the Silm fandom again, and so far I have two drawings from that:
Finrod and Sauron, a redraw of the scene I've already done...two times? Three maybe? What can I say, Lind Erebros' song of this part of the book is truly epic and every time I hear it I'm like "MUST DRAW."
(Did anyone else play with those little scratch-pad things as a kid, where you had a stylus and a shiny black piece of paper with bright colors underneath it? I figured out how to replicate that effect on this art program and I am Very Pleased. Although for some reason the image quality here is simply terrible.)

Young Erenion (aka. Gil-Galad) in the foreground, Fingon and older Gil-Galad in the background
In the Silm version of the canon (though perhaps not J.R.R. Tolkien's final decision), Gil-Galad's is the son of Fingon. (This picture is the first and second time I've drawn Gil-Galad, which is surprising since he's a favorite character of mine.)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:14 am

I actually still have an unfinished scraper-foil from, like, high school.... I really need to actually do it. And it's a lion, for crying out loud.
Anyway. /Really/ like the way Finrod came out! So expressive! (Not that Sauron's Loki-grin /isn't/ chilling.)
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:54 am

@Ariel: Ooooh, yes, you should finish it!!
And thank you! :mrgreen: Facial expressions are still something I assume I could get better at if I practiced enough, but sometimes I feel like I'm not improving.

The Silm scenic road turned into a Tolkien-in-general scenic road, but school has been taking up so much time that I only just got a chance to draw something really intentional today. Again, terrible quality. I'm not sure what's up with this laptop, but whenever I resize an image it turns out fuzzy. :roll:
(Have I ever mentioned how much I despise working with light sources? I despise working with light sources. I didn't think through the logistics of this picture until I'd finished the background and realized, "I'm going to need...THREE different light sources...all different colors...ouch." :P I can see that there are problems with the shadows and lighting, though I don't see exactly where they are--such is the result of still being too stubborn to use reference pictures except at the utmost need--so I set the picture as my laptop's desktop image, so I'll see it several times a day and ought to begin to see what needs touching up.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:09 am

OOH! I like it!
knight and scribe
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:31 pm

That looks amazing. I especially like the sky.
Thank you, Hobbit!

Return to “Fan Art”