Non-Narnian Fan Art

Do you have any fan art to post? In here you will find threads for both Narnian and Non-Narnian.

Moderators: Lucy Took, White Rose

jesusgirl4ever

Re: Non-Narnian Fan Art

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:14 pm

:lol:

Love that!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:40 am

*giggles at the lack of quote*
Whoa. I dunno what it is, but something about Fingolfin's boots is capturing my attention. Maybe it's the shading? They just look so good! So does the rest of the picture, of course, but those boots. (Grk, I keep on typing "books".)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:03 pm

@Jaygee: :lol: Thanks!
@Ariel: Thanks so much! I wish I knew what I did with the boots so I could do it again. :P They're at a kind of unusual angle, too, so I wasn't sure how they'd turn out. (And :lol: )
Side note, though...Morgoth's boots were way, way fun. I have no clue why--maybe because it was because they're something that's the "wrong size" (being so large and heavy), and the novelty was what made them so much fun--but they were the fastest part of the drawing. (In hindsight, I also notice that I should have put more harsh shading on the one in the foreground.)

Anyway, here are those Silm "comic book" pages that took me way longer than they should have.
Image Image
I strayed from the canon just a bit, for a couple of reasons. For one, it took long enough to finish this even without including Feanor's other sons and followers. Maybe we can just say they're "offscreen" in that first frame? :? But for another (maybe more importantly?), in the book Maedhros merely stood aside as the ships were burned rather than protesting, but I kind of like to imagine that he did at least a little more than that. So I gave him a nice cliche "NO!!" :P

Here are links to the full-resolution images (without the borders or page numbers):
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hN7adnGuy8k/ ... lution.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EEJ_LsEaSB0/ ... lution.jpg
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:57 pm

I clearly need to read TS again 'cause I have no memory of this event or of Maedhros being a ginger.
I /really/ like the second page and the frame of Feanor looking over his shoulder.
*stares longingly at those wonderful flowing cloaks and locks of hair* :P
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:14 am

The scene moved pretty fast (it's just a couple of paragraphs, and easy to miss).
I didn't remember know he was a redhead either, until I looked up their Wikipedia pages to make sure beforehand that I didn't get the wrong mental images of them (like I did with Faramir...rrrrrrgh.....I still can't get used to him having dark hair). I don't even know if it mentions it in the book.
The hair. Was. So. Much. Fun. Very time-consuming, but way, way fun, and my favorite part to do by far. :mrgreen: The ice, on the other hand, was a royal pain, and it took a long time and was boring and frustrating and refused to do what I wanted it to.

(I was surprised by how light the pages were when I moved the pictures of the Kindle onto the laptop. I'd done the whole thing on power-save mode, so everything was very dim.)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:59 am

I'm sure I'd have an easier time remembering it if I'd read it more recently, but the one and only time I've read it was... at least five years ago, I'm sure.
So long as you had fun during all that time spent in the hair, right? :D
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:06 am

Well, I've not even finished reading it my first time yet. So you're not doing too badly. :lol:
Exactly! ;)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Love this! Wow, so poignant!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
gypsevedius
Knight
Location: To be honest...what if you tickled a unicorn's face?

Post by gypsevedius » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:52 pm

All of your drawings look awesome, Hobbit. You're amazing! :shock:
Edit: Here's a drawing I did of Eowyn and the Witchking... A drawing-ish, that is. It's kind of like a silhouette... IDK. XD Also, my camera blurred it... I dunno why. Hope you like it. :)
If you see a typo in this message, let me know. *facepalm*
^.^ *is such a suspicious looking unicavvey*
Thanks for the sig, Hobbit! (:
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:01 pm

Aww, thanks, guys! :mrgreen:

@Gypse: :o That is amazing!! (I'm loving the Witch-King's boots...)

Return to “Fan Art”