Non-Narnian Fan Art

Do you have any fan art to post? In here you will find threads for both Narnian and Non-Narnian.

Moderators: Lucy Took, White Rose

hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Re: Non-Narnian Fan Art

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon May 04, 2020 7:47 am

Awww thanks, Ariel! I'm hoping to do more paintings but haven't had the stable schedule to do so for a while.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon May 04, 2020 1:17 pm

Keep it up as you are able, haha. You’re very talented.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:41 am

There's an artist I found who headcanons Frodo as a blonde (because of the Fallohide genetics), and when I saw the art they'd done, I was like "..........hold my ent-draught" and stayed up until like 5 in the morning to make this.
Long story short, I now have two drastically different mental images for Frodo. Should make reading the book next time a trip.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:39 am

But wasn’t Elenorellë the first blonde hobbit in a crazy-long time?

Anyway, the art itself has a real nice dynamic. The flash of bright blue makes Frodo stand out and it breaks up the more somber colours everywhere else, and his pose is that of readiness.
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:42 am

All we are told is that gold-blonde hair had been very rare up until that point, except for the year she was born. So it's possible but unlikely that any of the main four hobbits would have had it. I admit I was originally planning on giving him more of a dirty blonde than this bright gold, but the temptation was too much to resist. ;)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:42 pm

Ah, okay, thanks for the correction. :)
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:14 pm

LOL Honestly the reason I didn't think any of the hobbits could be so blonde was because I misread the same line the first time or two through. But it does say that Frodo was "taller than some and fairer than most" so it's...possible?
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:54 pm

I hope it's okay to double-post, since it's been two weeks...?

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:13 am

Yeah, you’re fine, since it’s been more than a couple days. :)

Is this Frodo as a ranger or an Elven halfbreed? (I could see it both ways, so :D )
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:49 am

LOL Okay.

It's Beleg! I headcanon that the elves in Doriath went barefoot during the summer since it's easier to climb trees that way. :lol:
(....thank you, though, for the incredible concept of Frodo as a ranger. I'm going to be thinking about this all day now.)

Return to “Fan Art”