Non-Narnian Fan Art

Do you have any fan art to post? In here you will find threads for both Narnian and Non-Narnian.

Moderators: Lucy Took, White Rose

jesusgirl4ever

Re: Non-Narnian Fan Art

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Mon May 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Oooh, nice!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Mon May 22, 2017 4:50 pm

All your drawings are fantastic, Hobbit!!
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon May 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Aw, it's Merry and Pippin!
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu May 25, 2017 9:36 am

Thanks, guys! :D

So I knew that if I really want to get my head around the fact that Faramir has black hair, I'd have to draw him with black hair. But before attempting to take on grown-up Faramir, I thought I'd try my hand at an idea that's been floating around in my head for a while: little Boromir and Faramir. I'd guess that in this drawing Boromir is ten or eleven years old and Faramir is five or six. The drawing took about 10 minutes maybe, which isn't bad for something this size. *happy nod*
Again, many smudges. I really ought to get a better, finer-tipped eraser, but I guess I'm lazy. Also, I don't know where I'd get the good kinds here in Korea, so... *shrug* But hey, this way everyone can see where I had to go back and redo a part. It's for posterity. :lol:
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 pm

So adorable!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu May 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Thanks, Jaygee! :mrgreen:
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu May 25, 2017 6:12 pm

It's Hiro and Tadashi -- I mean... not. :P
But it's so sweet! And TEN MINUTES?! HOW?!
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon May 29, 2017 12:28 am

Thanks, Ariel! :)
:lol:
I've been trying to get faster at drawing. :P I think the biggest things are 1: getting that initial sketch right, and 2: frequently, frequently practicing the more difficult things to draw (for me that would be hands, feet, and faces, so I draw just those a lot). And also with this particular drawing I did really simple shading and not much of it, so that cut out probably five minutes.

This one took...rather longer than ten minutes. I'm pretty sure it took half an hour at least, probably more. Because of shading and stuff. :P Aaaaand I'm still not 100% satisied with how it turned out (I'd give it a 70-something percent), but it was getting late and I didn't want to stay up, so I didn't tweak it as much as I'd have liked to. :lol:

EDIT: Well...why not add this one, too.
It's my first Silmariallion fanart. :mrgreen:
(Alex jokes about the the characters in my drawings having "Renaissance hands", aka. hands in useless, over-dramatic positions. I guess this drawing is kind of an example of that... :lol: )
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue May 30, 2017 1:27 am

Aragorn and Boromir... :(
Man, I wish my hair would look as fabulous as Feanor's in a breeze! :P (Also, lol to Alex's "Renaissance hands" comment!) Small critique here though (not like I'm really in any position to critique), but his nose looks rather pinched?
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:22 am

@hair: Right??? :lol: Elves...always with perfect, un-mussed hair...
@critique: Yes, I'm painfully aware of that. If I had a good eraser I'd probably fix it, but I'm not about to try with the eraser I've got. :roll:

So one of the things about the Silm is that there are so few quotes that can be used alongside a picture...and I like having those to fill in empty space...but hey, this way it gave me a chance to make a joke about it. :P
(There should be a lot more armor on Fingolfin, but...well...I forgot about it until I was literally already in the shading process and went "OH SNAP!!" and quickly added as much as I could without having to start over completely. :lol: )

Return to “Fan Art”