Non-Narnian Fan Art

Do you have any fan art to post? In here you will find threads for both Narnian and Non-Narnian.

Moderators: Lucy Took, White Rose

jesusgirl4ever

Re: Non-Narnian Fan Art

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:17 pm

Wow...yes. That's amazing.
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:41 am

Bwahaha! I guess those films are good for a little more than just an exercise in how not to write a screenplay. :P That's pretty good, hobbit! (And about the fact that she's more Elvish, you're probably right about the reference pics. But Wolverine wasn't really ever one to just play by the rules anyway, so it still works. ;) )
*tries to think of any other X-Men that might make for a good crossover*
If you wanna play with someone "phasing" through stuff, there's Kitty Pryde. (Ooh, maybe you could do her as Turin's sister! 'cause Kitty has a pet dragon, and Turin's sister meets a dragon.... (... I'm seriously off my rocker.... :shock: ))
If you want a hot-head, there's always Pyro. Or Phoenix, if you want a girl (or you could mash Glorfindel and Phoenix, what with the whole dying-and-coming-back thing).
Magneto could be a smith (so long as the metals he works with are actually magnetic).
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:01 am

I don't know who the other character with Galadriel is, but I would like to say -- the artwork is very, very cool!
Thank you, Hobbit!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 am

@Jaygee: Aww, thanks! :mrgreen:
@Ariel: Pyro as Maedhros and Magneto as Fëanor!! *gasp* Or Pyro as Fëanor and Magneto as Maeglin. Ack, too many ideas!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're spoiling me! I've just got to find time to do at least one of these now... (Oh, but hang on...what about Ambarussa as genderbent Jean Grey and Dark Phoenix? :shock: )
@Nia: It's Storm. From X1, when she had longer hair.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:46 am

I... have no recollection of Maeglin and Ambarussa. *looks them up* Do you mean Nerdanel, Feanor's wife? Or... no, you said "genderbent". So the twin sons Amrod and Amras? Tolkien Gateway isn't enough to remind me of them, so I'm afraid I'll be of no help there.
I vote Magneto as Maeglin. Feanor doesn't seem to be as much a metal-worker as Maeglin; plus Maeglin's backstory seems to lean closer to Magneto's. ;)
And since Feanor's name means "spirit of fire", Pyro fits just nicely. :D
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:45 am

Yeah, it's the two youngest Fëanorians. Depending on which canon you adhere to, Amrod died in the burning of the ships at Losgar. Plus they're redheads, so there's that.
Truuue. Tragic death of his mother, can't decide whose side he's on, betrayal, etc. Perfect... 8-) Fëanor's mostly remembered for his work with gems rather than with metals; so let's pick the smith with iffy loyalties who is remembered for his metalworking.
Ahh, good point. Fëanor it is then!
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:44 am

... so let's pick the smith with iffy loyalties who is remembered for his metalworking.
Lol! That phrasing amuses me greatly.
In fact, this whole crossover is amusing me way more than it ought to. Plus, it's exposing my obvious need to read TS again as well as my over-knowledge of X-Men. :P
What about Angel as Beleg? If nothing else, I think the imagery might work.
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:19 pm

:lol: See, I've not even seen an X-Men movie the whole way through, I just have seen a zillion clips and read all the storylines.
Ooooh......yes. 8-) I was thinking of doing a drawing of Beleg as an angel anyway, and this gives me an excuse to indulge myself.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:50 pm

Haha.
Can't wait to see what you come up with.
knight and scribe
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:58 am

I decided to try out my more exaggerated drawing style for elves, which worked fairly well I guess...but also I toyed around with no character lineart, which I will probably never do again.
Anyhow, Maegneto...Maegleto? I dunno. :P

Return to “Fan Art”