NaNoWriMo 2013

Share your November novelling experience with us

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

Petraverd
Site Admin

NaNoWriMo 2013

Post by Petraverd » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Today is October 1st, which for a fair few of us means the official start of Plotting Season for National Novel Writing Month!

For those of you who don't know, the idea behind National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo for short, often just NaNo) is to write 50,000 words on a novel (or other similar writing project, they're very loose about what counts as a valid 'novel') during the month of November. While you're not supposed to start writing the novel itself until November 1st, there's nothing against outlining and plotting beforehand!

So, who all's in? Do you have ideas? Is this the first time around for you, or is this old hat by now? Let us know! Come commiserate with your fellow WriMos, or cheer on those of us crazy enough to take on such a project!
Tenethia
Site Admin

Re: NaNoWriMo 2013

Post by Tenethia » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Oh help, it's NaNoWriMo season. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!

I've got two novels in my mind I wanna write, possibly I'll attempt a double Wrimo. I'm still trying to decide if I should do it or not. :P and if I need to take off school if I /do/ do it. I don't think I need too.... didn't take that much time /last/ year....
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
Esprit
Knight

Post by Esprit » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:34 pm

I'm hoping to participate in NaNoWriMo for the first time this year! :) I have a plot idea or two I'm tossing around, hopefully to be fleshed out before November begins. Because my schoolwork is very demanding and I'm a rather slow writer, I doubt I'll get anywhere near 50,000 words. But at least this will get the ball rolling!

Also, I have decided that I want to have a career in editing fiction, so if anyone has some written work they would be willing to let me practice on, it would make my day. :)
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ―Victor Hugo
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:53 pm

I might use NaNo as an excuse to work on my Susan Fic since I actually have time this year.
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
The Happy Islander
ROotL

Post by The Happy Islander » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:51 pm

I wasn't gonna do nanowrimo this year (have done it a few times before)--but then I had a dream with a story to it that would be good for me to focus on, explore, develop. It seems to be more of a Help-Islie-Heal story than a Share-With-Everyone story, so I don't know if I'll be ready/wanting to talk about it or not.

*is glad she has some of her TLC family to write with!* I'm gonna need the company.
They might not need me but; they might.
I'll let my Head be just in sight;
A smile as small as mine might be
Precisely their necessity.
-Emily Dickinson
gypsevedius
Knight
Location: To be honest...what if you tickled a unicorn's face?

Post by gypsevedius » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm going to write a sequel to a wolf story I wrote a while ago. This will be the second time I do NaNoWriMo. I didn't make 50,000 words last time though. :D
Hopefully I can make the goal this year. :D
If you see a typo in this message, let me know. *facepalm*
^.^ *is such a suspicious looking unicavvey*
Thanks for the sig, Hobbit! (:
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:56 pm

I intend to join the chee leading squad for all of you! (Perhaps with a fox on my shoulder? Who knows!)
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Petraverd
Site Admin

Post by Petraverd » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Lucky NaNo #7 for me this year, so we'll see what this one holds. So long as I can pull off win #6, I'll be happy - though I'll be happier if I can break my personal wordcount record for November. :P

I've had an idea percolating in the back of my head since mid-July or so, which tends to be when I get walloped upside the head with my NaNo plots. Normally I write fantasy of some sort, since I can be less concerned with realism and just scribble to my heart's content, but this year I'm planning on something that'll probably look more like a collection of vignettes than the typical novel... I'm doing a story on a family of musicians, as told through the eyes of the violin passed down among said family.

Kind of anxious, as I'm doing a lot of traveling in November, but hey, what is NaNo without some crazy busy scheduling.
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:00 am

I've never done NaNoWriMo before, but I have many friends who have. I'm going to be trying to finish my Narnia fanfiction 'Born For This.' I don't know if I shall succeed because I am really weighed down with school, but I'm going to try!
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
gypsevedius
Knight
Location: To be honest...what if you tickled a unicorn's face?

Post by gypsevedius » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:33 am

So I've decided to write my other novel I have planned instead of my wolf story. And I'm really exited about doing NaNo this year. Hopefully I'll get more Ideas out of this story then I did out of the other one I was going to write. Now almost everything I hear I can write in my story because they are humans! And animals like wolfs don't use normal things like houses, swords.. ect.
But the little catch is I hardly write about humans so it might be a bit more challenging. So I'm very exited to see what I can do and how it turns out!

Go Arna! I hope it turns out for you.
Cheering for all who at least try to win!
If you see a typo in this message, let me know. *facepalm*
^.^ *is such a suspicious looking unicavvey*
Thanks for the sig, Hobbit! (:

Return to “NaNoWriMo”