Seeking Cabinmates for Camp NaNoWriMo - July 2016

Share your November novelling experience with us

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

kristi
Site Admin

Seeking Cabinmates for Camp NaNoWriMo - July 2016

Post by kristi » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:35 pm

OK folks, it's here again. I'll be bringing my hero (Antihero? Jerkface who's running late to his redemption arc?) Maicen and ingredients for S'mores, and setting another goal of perhaps 10,000 words for the month. But I don't want to do it alone! Set your own goal (You could edit an existing story, write a poem a day, or add 50,000 words to your novel) and join me in the pavilion under the Lion's banner! I'll need your camp username to send you an invitation. If you've never gone to Camp before, you can sign up at campnanowrimo.org with your November NaNoWriMo credentials or create an account if you don't have one. Can't wait to see you all!
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: Seeking Cabinmates for Camp NaNoWriMo - July 2016

Post by anunknownpevensie » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:55 pm

I AM IN! Invite me! I have two books here.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:27 am

Wasn't the name DrakeMan? I can't invite you till you create a project for next month, I guess.
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:46 am

I'd like to be added too, if you can! :P
Thank you, Hobbit!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:39 am

I'm planning on doing Camp NaNoWriMo. You may add me if you like. What do I need to do to qualify for your cabin? (I've never done a NaNo camp before... :? )
I currently have my cabin preferences set as not wanting to be included in a cabIn.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
daughterofaslan
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by daughterofaslan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:18 pm

Sooo..... What is this about? Is it like, writing
stories and/or poems and books? :)
Set made by Hobbit. Thank you!
Daughter of Aslan (Also known as Dazzle)
Sister of Chess and Pev
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi Daughter!

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing month. It is held each November and the goal is to write 50,000 words or more of a novel. It is a time of great caffeine intake, sleep deprivation and general madness in which you have to add 1677 words to your story each day or risk falling behind.

Camp NaNo, on the other hand, takes place every April and July, and you may set your own goals. You could choose to write 10,000 words, or a poem a day, or edit an hour a day on something you've already written. It's up to you. If you have the stamina to aim for 50,000 words, more power to you!

You can sign up at campnanowrimo.org. Then you need to create a project, which is the book or other thing you will work on for the month. Once you've done that, send me your exact username here and I will invite you to our cabin, where there's a sort of open chat message board where silliness can be exchanged. If there's interest, we might schedule a few writing events during the month for those participating. Don't forget that you can also join us for our Saturday writing group, which is a great place to share Camp writing.
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Hobbit,

I think you'll need to uncheck that box. They shouldn't stick you into a random cabin for a few more days, so I'll have time to invite you first. You do need to create a project and give me your exact username, though.
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:39 pm

Project has been created. If you'd like to try inviting me we can see if this works. :)
My username is Tarva the Narnian Hobbit.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:58 pm

Ok, you're invited!

Return to “NaNoWriMo”