The Silver Chair - who would you cast?

Discussions on the upcoming film by CS Lewis Company and Mark Gordon Co.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

Lil
Site Admin

Re: The Silver Chair - who would you cast?

Post by Lil » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:04 pm

I just had another thought. Alexander Vlahos as young Caspian? Probably too old like Ben Barnes was?
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:50 am

Well, “young” Caspian doesn’t have to look the exact way Rustace last saw him, right? Though I’d imagine we’d want someone a bit younger.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:54 am

Is there any news on the Silver Chair? I haven’t heard any in a while. I’ve been anticipating this movie for what, 10 years now??? How is that possible?
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:07 am

The last I've heard is that screenwriter David Magee is no longer involved. The last thing before that was the Netflix announcement.
Right now, I feel like for every step we take forward, we take another one back. It's probably not quite true, but that's how it seems to me....
knight and scribe
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:42 pm

Lil, your picks for Head Gnome and Rillian are very believable as those characters.

Ariel, I'm kind of worried that the movie companies are just paying to "hold" the film rights instead of make the movies. Sometimes movie companies will buy movie rights to books just to keep other companies from buying the rights and making movies that will compete against whatever they are making at the time. I heard an interview of one illustrator who kept selling the movie rights to his books over and over again because the companies didn't actually make movies and just wanted to prevent their competitors from making movies about his books. (The illustrator wasn't upset because he was able to keep selling the rights and make money off of them.) I'm kind of worried that that is what's happening to Narnia.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:29 am

I know Walden hung onto the rights longer than needed for that reason, but... yeah, I hope that’s not the case again here. I’m assuming that Netflix’s involvement means action, but news is meager.
knight and scribe
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:56 pm

If David Magee is no longer involved, it might mean that they hired him to write a script to see if they wanted to make The Silver Chair movie, and then decided not to. I'm hoping the screenwriting for Narnia at Netflix falls onto the desk of someone who already enjoys Narnia and can get people excited about it.

I think that's one of the reasons the LotR movies are so good - because the people making them were excited that the got to do Lord of the Rings and it rubbed off on everyone they were around.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Perhaps. Ela says that she read a review for Mary Poppins Returns, which David Magee screenwrote, and the reviewer was very much unimpressed with the script. Of course, that’s one person’s opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.
We need Narniacs involved in Narnia production, definitely agree with you there. People who know how it works and who will stand by Gresham’s input.
knight and scribe

Return to “The Silver Chair”