The Silver Chair - who would you cast?

Discussions on the upcoming film by CS Lewis Company and Mark Gordon Co.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

Re: The Silver Chair - who would you cast?

Post by albero1 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:10 am

So... are they not using Will Poulter as Eustace? :(
Lady Albero, Royal Vocalist and Scrivener of Fanfictions, Knight of TLC
Lyrics from House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:55 am

Always ................................. ;)

Albero, I don't think that is known yet.
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Post by Lily of Archenland » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:19 am

Albero -- He is sort of at that age when he's growing up visibly, and you wouldn't want him to look too much older when they do Silver Chair. So I guess a lot of it would depend on timing.
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Yeah, we really don't know anything, but it's unlikely that Will could return as Eustace. He's 20 now and filming won't start for some time. While he's still got a bit of his boyish looks (judging by recent photos) he's apparently become very tall. With new producers and directors and almost everything else (apart from Douglas Gresham) I think they're going to cut their losses and start from scratch.

So I'm thinking that since Tom Baker can't reprise his role as Puddleglum (he really is too old and no longer skinny enough), could he have a cameo as someone else? (*is becoming a Tom Baker fan-girl* :P) Does anyone have ideas for who he could play? Cornelius would have been good if he were still alive in the story (I don't think he is). I suppose he could be one of the giants, maybe even the king. Or what about the voice of Glimfeather?

Does anyone have other ideas for the King and Queen of the Giants or Glimfeather's voice?
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

Post by albero1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:52 am

So... I've been thinking. I think my dad might make a good Puddleglum. He really rocks the long-hair look and is quite skinny and rather tall. He'd be okay clean-shaven, methinks, but I doubt he'd be very good at the whole pessimistic thing. :D He's never acted before, either. :D
Lady Albero, Royal Vocalist and Scrivener of Fanfictions, Knight of TLC
Lyrics from House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:35 pm

^Maybe you could film your own fan movie? :P
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Swanwhite
Site Admin

Post by Swanwhite » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:54 pm

Tom Baker should cameo as Father Time ;)
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:16 am

Well, I was reading way back through this and thinking about what Ariel and I have been discussing about SC through PMs.
Previously, Ariel mentioned Katie McGrath for the role of the LotGK, and I think that she could pull it off. I would be a little wary, like for Bradley James, that she would be too easily recognized as Morgana, but I think that she would still be a great choice.
I wonder if Lana Parrilla could pull it off. She plays Regina/The Evil Queen on the tv show Once Upon a Time. She's incredible in her role.

I'm in favor of a blond Rilian, and would love to see Bradley James play the role, but like many of you, I believe he'd be too recognizable. Because of what has been done with Caspian and the Telmarines, the way it's been set up in PC and VTD, I would accept a Rilian that looked more like Caspian. I'd suggest Santiago Cabrera (he plays Lancelot on Merlin).
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:45 am

All I know is that Jill has to have curly/wavy hair and has to be able to walk very quietly and has to be able to cry. :lol:
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:10 am

@Engee: *considers Lana Parilla* I've always imagined LotGK as younger-looking, quite possibly because of her whole promising-her-gracious-hand-in-marriage-to-Rilian thing. And if we're fearing Katie McGrath being recognized, I would think that there's a greater risk of Americans especially recognizing Lana Parilla since she's on OUaT and OUaT is still current news.
I too would be fine with Santiago Cabrera as Rilian. I've often thought, "I could see him and Ben Barnes being related."
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"

Return to “The Silver Chair”