Naming the LotGK

Discussions on the upcoming film by CS Lewis Company and Mark Gordon Co.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

Ajnos
Site Admin

Naming the LotGK

Post by Ajnos » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:13 am

Most of you have probably heard by now that they're holding a competition to come up with a name for the witch (whom we fondly like to refer to here as "The Lady of the Green Kirtle" or the "LotGK") in the Silver Chair film.

https://www.thelionscall.com/2014/07/15 ... e-contest/

What do you guys think about this? And what suggestions do you have/have you submitted?
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
Quill Jill
Knight

Re: Naming the LotGK

Post by Quill Jill » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:14 am

I think it's great that they're getting the fans involved. And by having her have a name, that does mean they will NOT have the LotGK be the same person as Jadis. I always wondered whether they really could be the same person, it almost seemed like C.S. Lewis hinted at that, but...anyways. I think it will be good for her to have an actual name. Just like how they gave Ramandu's Daughter a name in VDT. It will be interesting to see which name they pick...
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Wasn't it the owls that mentioned that she was probably of the same kind as the White Witch? I always wondered if that meant she was from Charn, too, or half-Jinn-half-giantess. I would have gone with something Persian (like Jadis) if I had turned in a name.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

Post by albero1 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:31 pm

I entered the name Gennamine. :) I made it up for this ridiculous character in a story I'm writing. :P
Lady Albero, Royal Vocalist and Scrivener of Fanfictions, Knight of TLC
Lyrics from House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots
Benisse
Site Admin

Post by Benisse » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:08 am

I named her Sirenssa...
The double "SS" for her serpentine nature, and the "Siren" for her deceptively enchanting nature ensnaring and destroying the underlanders, Prince Rilian and -- almost -- Puddleglum, Jill and Eustace.
Xin Yesu, Xiang Yesu - Believe Jesus, Be like Jesus
LWW art in my avvy and siggy by my daughter
Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Post by Lily of Archenland » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:40 am

I wonder if anybody entered Lamia, while that was running... Or would that be too heavy-handed a reference?
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:08 am

I wouldn't be able to handle that! *remembers Lamia from BBC Merlin...* ;)
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:05 pm

Quill Jill wrote:I think it's great that they're getting the fans involved. And by having her have a name, that does mean they will NOT have the LotGK be the same person as Jadis. I always wondered whether they really could be the same person, it almost seemed like C.S. Lewis hinted at that, but...anyways. I think it will be good for her to have an actual name. Just like how they gave Ramandu's Daughter a name in VDT. It will be interesting to see which name they pick...
No she's not the same person. :) Douglas Gresham (C.S Lewis's stepson disproved it.) I understand though why someone might think that, especially since I understand in the BBC, the actress played both parts.
hobbit_of_narnia wrote:Wasn't it the owls that mentioned that she was probably of the same kind as the White Witch? I always wondered if that meant she was from Charn, too, or half-Jinn-half-giantess. I would have gone with something Persian (like Jadis) if I had turned in a name.
That's an interesting thought! I thought perhaps maybe he was saying the same type, as in just as wicked as.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:22 pm

Lil wrote:I thought perhaps maybe he was saying the same type, as in just as wicked as.
Oh, that's a good point too.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:30 pm

:)
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)

Return to “The Silver Chair”