THE SILVER CHAIR FILM: COMPLETELY NEW TAKE?

Discussions on the upcoming film by CS Lewis Company and Mark Gordon Co.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos

always narnian
Site Admin

THE SILVER CHAIR FILM: COMPLETELY NEW TAKE?

Post by always narnian » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Hello Everyone!

I don't know if you've just read the newest announcement about Joe Johnston, but it seems that he is hoping to create a new feeling/look for The Silver Chair as compared to the previous films. What are your thoughts on that? Excited, or no?
always narnian
Site Admin

Re: THE SILVER CHAIR FILM: COMPLETELY NEW TAKE?

Post by always narnian » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:50 pm

I had one user tell me they are not able to post to this topic. Is anyone else having trouble seeing it?
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:19 am

Sorry I'm late. Been too busy to pop in here.
(No, not having any trouble with the thread, but I'm also a staffer, so... I don't know if that would affect anything.)

It makes sense that the new studio is looking to do something different. I think it could cause something of a hassle if they tried to imitate the previous films' looks. Though, honestly, it's not like Cair Paravel would have to look the way it did in LWW anyway, what with the ruins in PC and then Caspian's rebuilding. The design could very easily be different because of that one fact. Plus, SC explores territories outside of Narnia, so even if anyone is tempted to connect SC with the three previous films, it will still make sense to have all-new designs for the Giants and Underworld 'cause we've never seen them before.
I'm glad of any official news we get, but I'm not letting my hopes get up too high just yet.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:05 am

I'm going to be interested to see what happens with it. I wonder if part of the "new feeling/look" has something to do with the fact that there are no actual battles in SC?
And of course I'm just thrilled that the movie is underway. I've been waiting for this for years. :mrgreen:
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Hobbit- I know! It's crazy to think the first movie came out in 2005! It's been 12 years.

Ariel- You are right, it would make sense there would be such a new feel/look, seeing as we will be exploring new lands of Narnia we have not seen before :)
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:03 pm

It won't have a totally new look if they're really going to film on the south island of New Zealand like the LWW and PC did. I'm excited about the films having a new feel and not having to line up with the previous movies (as this leaves more room for it to line up with the book). But I am a little sad that they won't continue the design motifs of PC and LWW, the art designers at Disney are really top-notch, and the movies at least look good even if they don't necessarily seem to get all of Lewis' meaning.
I think that with nine-ten years passing between Narnia movies they will have change the look just so the movie will look new. Plus, the Dawn Treader movie already had green mist, so they'll have to change the look of that to keep the LotGK creepy, otherwise people will be like, "Aha, we can avoid temptation and the LotGK will just go away!"
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
everythingremindsmeofnarnia
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by everythingremindsmeofnarnia » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:30 pm

I am really excited to see their new take on Narnia. I am hoping that they can stick more to the book and keep the huge epic battle scenes out of the movie. There should of course be one fight, but, it should not be as epic as the battles in the previous films. The only thing I am worried about is The Last Battle since if it does not have the same actors and actresses as LWW, it won't produce the same effect. But, we can worry about that movie if they get to it at a later time. Let's just enjoy what they are making now.
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:21 am

Everything Reminds Me of Narnia, I hope they don't expand the fight scene either. There are plenty of good movies that don't have extended fight scenes that we see in LotR and superhero movies. Maybe it's just because I'm a girl, but I'm kind of getting tired of the idea that an adventure movie has to include lots of battle scenes.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:34 pm

I am really excited to basically be getting a reboot. The Silver Chair being my favorite of the series, I’m really hoping we get to see an epic and faithful adaptation.
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Rather excited as well. But I hope they won't stop there.
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)

Return to “The Silver Chair”